Noom is looking for an experienced people manager to help direct our growing team of 3,000+ coaches. You will oversee the day-to-day development of our amazing community of coaches and directly manage our senior coach leaders. You will collaborate most directly with Project Directors, HR, and Coaching Operations. You will lead initiatives related to performance management, leadership and people development, and quality coaching.
What you’ll be doing:
- Motivate, inspire, and maintain a positive work culture for Senior Leadership
- Give feedback and approval on team wide initiatives
- Play a key role in a structurally sound org redesign
- Support Leaders in Leadership Development, refining their people development and management skills and applying best practices to the leadership team
- Make sure leaders on the team have the tools they need to lead and develop the people the manage
- Create clear and consistent processes for disseminating and upholding performance standards team wide.
- Guide leaders in performance management decisions as needed, such as when to escalate to People Team for termination versus issuing a final warning
- Guide leaders in effective change management and adoption of new processes and protocols by large teams
- Support employee development and professional growth strategies
- Be the bridge between Coach Leaders and HR/Coaching Operations.
- Create and own an escalation system to swiftly act on time-sensitive issues
- Equip Senior Leaders with HR related knowledge and resources necessary to serve in this level of management, such as performance management strategies, conflict resolution, and advanced communication techniques
- Be a resource for our DEI team as they implement initiatives that will impact our team
What we’re looking for:
- 10+ years of experience managing people and working with large teams
- Experience managing global and/or widespread remote teams a plus
- Human Resources knowledge and expertise, including conflict resolution, performance management, and sensitive DEI issues individually and at scale.
- Proven success implementing professional development initiatives
- Experience with organizational design preferred
Nice to haves:
- Experience managing managers in a large team that is revered for it’s high quality service
- Have either worked in HR/People Development, or understands HR principles well. Knowledge of compliance; familiarity with jurisdictions across multiple states
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to train leaders on People Development and People management skills
- Comfortable, confident, and quick in making decisions that impact a large team
- Interpersonal savvy. Encourages others to ask questions and voice concerns, especially direct reports. Approachable, communicates effectively, instills trust, checks ego
- Handles sensitive and high stress situations with grace and understanding
- Strategic Mindset. When making a decision, can think 10 steps ahead, consider all of the angles or sides to a story, can see the big picture
- Preferably local to the New York, NY area, or willing to relocate
What Makes This Job Amazing:
- Helping millions of people lead healthier lives every day
- Being part of Noom's rocketship (with revenue exploding 20x in the last 2 years, and team growing, there are great opportunities for advancement)
- Wonderful benefits (wellness budget, free meals in the office)
- Huge learning & professional growth opportunity (professional growth is a must at Noom, we reimburse all books, send you to lots of courses, etc.)
- Being part of a transparent, high-performance, yet still close-knit culture
This is a full-time position that offers a competitive salary, equity, and benefits. We guarantee you will learn a tremendous amount in a short time. For those who value and excel in transparent, high-intensity, and high-impact environments, there is significant opportunity for advancement.