Director, HRIS at Dataminr (Remote)
--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first, we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding.
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 800+ talented people across eight offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Who you are:
You are an experienced leader in Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS), with a passion for efficiency and automation. You have the skills to build and scale our tech stack to support the rapid growth of Dataminr from startup to industry leader. You thrive in a strategic and hands-on role where you might deploy or integrate a new solution one day, and present a plan and vision to our executive team the next. You think the most important part of your role is the relationships you build with your stakeholders so you can collectively find a better way.
As our Director of HRIS you will be laser focused on creating vision for a better and more efficient suite of HR tools and services. Your expertise will help enable the People team to deliver the best HR experience in the industry.
- The Director of HRIS is responsible for developing and delivering the Human Resource (HR) systems strategy and project portfolio in collaboration with the People Team
- Serve as HRIS Solutions Architect, leading overall vision for HR systems
- Facilitate the identification, design, and implementation of innovative and integrated HR solutions
- Manage overall HR portfolio including: Core HR, Performance, Learning, Compensation, Benefits, and Recruiting
- Operate as a hands on leader to oversee the suite of software applications used to manage the human resources and related processes throughout the employee lifecycle including interface directly with key HR functions such as payroll, talent acquisition, benefits, organizational development and training, employee engagement, records management, time/attendance and job description and leveling architecture
- Lead and facilitate complex large scale, cross-functional HR business projects involving systems and/or business processes to obtain business goals and operational objectives
- Partner with the People Team and Cybersecurity and Trust teams to ensure that our HR data, systems, and processes are consistent and compliant
- Drive efficiency within the People Team with focus on automation
- Partner with the People team and other stakeholders to understand requirements and with the Information Technology (IT) team to help implement solutions.
- As the subject matter expert on HR systems you will help resolve escalations for the systems in the HR portfolio
- Collaborate with the People Team, other stakeholders and IT resources to develop and maintain schedules and budgets
- Coordinate and champion the effective HRIS related operational functions - including but not limited to vendor and internal technology change management, technology tool support processes, and training functions for the suite of systems and tools
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 7-10 years of progressive experience in a HR systems role
- Experience with managing third party resources and vendor relationship management
- Deep experience with HRIS software such as: Sage People, Workday, HCM Cloud, and preferably experience with integrations
- Knowledge of data privacy issues, laws and regulations associated with HR operations
- Ability to work and think quickly in fast-paced environments
- Strong relationship building and communication skills, with proven ability to successfully collaborate with business partners including HR, Finance / Payroll, IT, Information Security, and leadership
- Business acumen and emotional intelligence are a must; strong team player
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills; able to identify trends and anomalies in large data sets
- Highly effective written and oral communication, presentation, and facilitation skills
- Excellent judgment skills and willingness to take accountability and ownership
For individuals applying for US-based roles:
Dataminr is requiring that all prospective employees hired for this position present proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
Dataminr is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a sincerely held religious belief, medical reasons, or other legally protected reasons, should contact their recruiting representative as soon as possible following any conditional offer of employment to explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations Dataminr is able to offer.