Director of Talent at Cityblock Health
Who we are
Cityblock Health is a new type of healthcare company, operating out of Brooklyn and backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs, along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to radically improve the health of urban communities, one block at a time. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we bring the capability to deliver care in the home and neighborhood with our field-based teams.
In close collaboration with community based organizations and a leading commercial partner, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. We deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services through a network of neighborhood hubs with deep community-based partnerships and world-class technology.
We partner with payers and at-risk providers, taking capitated financial risk to care for their most vulnerable, high and rising risk members. Additionally, we invest in strategic partnerships with community-based and social services organizations, in some instances bringing them into the value equation through sub-capitation and performance-based compensation.
Over the next year we’ll grow quickly, including entering new markets, each with their own commercial relationships and field-based teams. This role will be a key contributor to the success of our business.
We are seeking a Director of Talent to scale our talent operations & strategy as we approach tremendous scale across new regions. You’ll join Cityblock at a critical point in our growth trajectory: over the next year we expect to more than triple our Product, Engineering, Data, Clinical and Hub-based teams in NYC, as well as additional new markets across the country. In this role, you’ll own the entirety of the full-cycle talent acquisition function, and serve as primary stakeholder to build best-in-class teams. You’ll work within our People team to create an inclusive, consistent framework for our hiring, implementing processes and workflows to streamline the rapid scaling of our growing team and ensuring that we are building a mission-oriented, diverse team committed to changing how we deliver healthcare to those that need it most.
- Build and manage a holistic full-cycle talent function, inclusive of high-volume recruiting, talent operations & strategy, and employer brand marketing
- Develop and manage a growing team of recruiters across clinical, technical, and business teams; establish core metrics to effectively measure success across the entire team
- Operationalize talent best practices throughout the entire organization, including clinical and non-clinical teams across geographically stratified sites
- Build and maintain strong, effective relationships with senior leaders, hiring managers, and other critical stakeholders
- Cultivate Cityblock’s employer brand, enabling top-notch talent attraction in New York and beyond
- Thoughtfully build and own our diversity and inclusion strategy as it relates to talent acquisition; ensure that Cityblock is a leader in how to build a diverse and inclusive workforce
- Collaborate closely within the People team and work on function-wide initiatives such as talent marketing, diversity & inclusion, employee engagement, and people operations
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional team members across the organization on talent needs; specifically partner closely with hiring managers on defining their needs, identifying and engaging top talent to join our team and working more broadly on organizational design and people strategy
You’d be a good fit if:
- You have 4+ years experience managing Talent teams of scale
- You have 8+ years experience building & scaling geographically stratified teams
- You ideally have experience working at a venture backed or commercial startup
- You ideally have experience building Talent functions within a tech-oriented and/or service-oriented organization
- You are a high-energy individual with a strong track record of managing the full-cycle recruiting process; have successful experience leading talent acquisition aspects enabling high growth organizations to scale talent and people
- You have experience hiring both exempt and non-exempt team members at scale
- You enjoy doing whatever it takes to deliver on business-critical tasks and have a “all hands on deck”, team-based mentality
- You flourish in fast-paced environments, identifying your own opportunities for success and iterating tightly on feedback
You should include these in your application:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter (1-2 paragraphs)