Diversity & Talent Acquisition Manager at Stash
Spread awareness of the Stash brand and help position us as an employer of choice in the FinTech space across our many disciplines and in communities of color. We were founded in the principles of serving the underserved with the tools necessary to build wealth regardless of networth or network. While Stash is 45% people of color and nearly 40% female, we strive to do better, especially in attracting Black and LatinX employees and ensuring the most inclusive environment across race, ethnicity, gender identity/ sexual orientation and ability.
The newly formed Diversity & Talent Acquisition Manager will establish new internal diversity programs and sourcing strategies to support recruiting efforts. They will analyze all steps of our talent process to ensure we enable the ability to attract, retain and grow staff, particularly staff of color. Work alongside the DEI committee and People Ops team to define and execute a long term DEI strategy and roadmap to ensure Stash continues to seek, retain and develop diverse talent.
What You’ll Do…
- Promote and drive adoption of equitable practices, establish key initiatives, and communicate insights & recommendations to Stash’s DEI committee and Executive Leadership
- Sourcing expert owning passive recruiting and expanding the talent pipeline. Build new partnerships with affinity groups, secondary schools, and identify new marketing opportunities with particular emphasis on Diverse Talent.
- Research and create market maps of high priority talent pipelines, such as Engineering, Product, Designers, Leadership, and Interns. Develop longer term relationships with prospective candidates.
- Develop and analyze metrics at each step of the recruiting process to ensure any biases or barriers are uncovered and addressed. Monitor performance on ensuring diverse candidate slates and develop best practices.
- Lead DEI Committee setting vision, priorities and programs.
- Assess processes and analyze patterns to identify and root out any potential unconscious biases.
- Partner with ERGs and functional teams to organize sourcing sessions, diversity focused events, and referral drives.
- Vendor management with all partner organizations including LinkedIn, Built NYC, and other recruiting sources.
- Partner with Learning to develop training and to ensure regular organizational discussions.
- Full life cycle recruiting for select roles and partner with other TA team members
- Partner with HR Operations Analyst in preparing monthly and quarterly metrics
What We’re Looking for..
- 5-7 years experience with substantive work experience in the field of diversity and inclusion and talent acquisition. Experience as an HR generalist or OD/ OE Partner helpful.
- Track record of developing DEI strategy and programs, successful project management, implementing successful organizational change initiatives related to DEI
- Able to assess processes and analyze patterns. Foundational understanding of HR lifecycle processes , including but not limited to Performance Reviews, Compensation, and Onboarding
- Excellent communicator with strong relationship building and influencing skills building stakeholder engagement at all levels inside and outside the organization.
- Creative and persistent with an understanding of expertise in DEI and recruiting best practices.
- Strong process and data analytic skills.
We believe that diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products out there. Our success is directly related to the employees that we hire, grow and retain and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law. Everyone is encouraged to apply.
Benefits & Perks:
- Equity in Stash
- Flexible Vacation
- Family-Friendly Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- Learning & Development Stipend
- Commuter Benefits and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee referral bonuses
- Stocked fridges & kitchens and catered lunch on Fridays
- Thursday happy hours
- Team outings that do not involve trust falls...
Awards & Recognition:
- Forbes Fintech 50 (2019)
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019)
- Built in NYC's Best Places to work (2019)
- Built in NYC’s Startups to Watch (2018)
- Wall Street Journal's "Top 25 Tech Companies To Watch" (2018)
- MarCom Awards Double Gold & Platinum Winner (2018)
- Webby Award Winner for Best Mobile Sites & Apps in the Financial Services and Banking category (2017)
- W3 Awards Winner for Best User Experience (2017)
**No recruiters, please.