Employee Relations Manager at Noom
Noom is looking for an ER Manager who will be responsible for facilitating employee relations and resolving employee issues. They focus on everything related to employee and manager relations, ensuring a safe place for employees to raise their concerns to and lead cases to effective and compliant closures. The ER Manager will need to have extensive knowledge of employment law and adhere to company and industry regulations at all times.
What You’ll be doing
- Responsible for reviewing and resolving sensitive employee concerns and investigations, including interpersonal conflict in the workplace, employee complaints, ethics reports, and allegations of harassment, discrimination, and retaliation in a timely manner
- Partner with People teams to address performance issues and issue corrective measures
- Effectively and accurately maintains confidential ER data in both systems and other filing mechanisms.
- Adhere to regulatory standards and manage the workers compensation process
- Communicate policies pertaining to Human Resources, compensation and benefits
- Coach and consult managers/employees on the performance management process
- Recommend revisions to policies and practices to align with best practice, act as a steward to ensure Noom work environment is second to none
- Stay abreast of market conditions and ensures compliance with all federal, state and local employment laws
- Maintain the US Employee Handbook up to date as well as policy governance
- Prepare thoughtful, reasonable and independent investigations summaries for internal and external stakeholders to close-out ER cases
What We’re Looking For:
- At least 5 years of people experience with at least 3 years specifically within ER
- Knowledge of relevant state and federal employment laws including, but not limited to, Title VII, ADA, FMLA, FLSA, ADEA, etc.
- Superior organizational skills, attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and collaborative environment and adjust to changing priorities
- Very strong communication skills and customer orientation
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo. Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement. Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality.
- Project Management Skills
- Experience in a startup or world-class tech company
- Experience working with outside counsel and performance management
- Experience implementing new programs and writing handbooks
What Makes This Job Amazing:
- Helping millions of people lead healthier lives every day
- Being part of Noom's rocketship (with revenue exploding 20x in the last 2 years, and team growing, there are great opportunities for advancement)
- Wonderful benefits (wellness budget, free meals in the office)
- Huge learning & professional growth opportunity (professional growth is a must at Noom, we reimburse all books, send you to lots of courses, etc.)
- Being part of a transparent, high-performance, yet still close-knit culture
This is a full-time position that offers a competitive salary, equity, and benefits. We guarantee you will learn a tremendous amount in a short time. For those who value and excel in transparent, high-intensity, and high-impact environments, there is significant opportunity for advancement.