Head of Talent at SwagUp
All great things start small. SwagUp was born in our founder’s mom’s garage 3 years ago with a mission to make swag buying simple and the rest is history! What started as a small idea to create a brand for swag turned into a multi-million dollar technology company that is rapidly expanding.
SwagUp is an API-First platform for creating and distributing high quality branded merchandise. Everyone loves swag, until they are tasked with the logistical nightmare that is procuring and distributing it. We curate the highest quality products and make them accessible through one easy to use platform that can be used company-wide.
Top companies utilize SwagUp technology to automate onboarding processes, client retention, giveaways, new hire gifts, anniversaries, among other use cases.
We are on a mission to streamline and digitize the entire swag supply chain and make it accessible through the most user-friendly interfaces, and we do this all while maintaining a culture of performance and fun. SwagUp is truly a family all working towards a common goal. To the moon!
SwagUp is looking for a Director of Talent who is experienced in managing in-house recruitment efforts in a high-tech and fast paced environment. This role will have the exciting opportunity to be a part of a small, but mighty team committed to big results.
You will be responsible for designing recruiting strategies resulting in bringing a strong pipeline of diverse talent and ultimately, executing a candidate and employee experience.
The ideal candidate is someone that has experienced the startup world, detail-oriented, results-driven, not afraid to do the legwork and delegate when necessary.
- Manage the day to day design and implementation of recruitment processes and deliverables for hiring, responding proactively to the ever-changing business needs and acting with agility and speed
- Create, teach, and foster recruiting best practices in all aspects of selection, assessment, and hiring
- Work with stakeholders to determine current staffing needs and produce forecasts, develop talent acquisition strategies and hiring plan to achieve specific business objectives
- Build and sustain positive and productive relationships with internal stakeholders and external organizations
- Identify key differentiators that set the company apart from competitors and make it attractive to candidates
- Partner with Marketing to support employment branding initiatives, develop and implement recruiting media plans that build awareness and demonstrate SwagUp as an employer of choice
- Develop new, innovative, scalable and effective end to end experiences to recruit top talent
- Develop, execute, and maintain recruiting strategy including social media initiatives, creative sourcing strategies, and leveraging technology to improve processes to decrease overall time to fill and total cost per hire
- Maintain a strong network of industry contacts for potential sourcing and hiring
- 7+ years full cycle recruiting in hiring for competitive roles, with at least 3 years in a leadership position at a start-up to growth company
- Exceptional people management skills with at least 2 years of direct management experience; holds high standards while coaching and developing others; empowers team members to proactively and creatively solve problems
- Strong analytical and critical-thinking skills and thorough attention to detail, with high emotional intelligence and business acumen
- Knowledge and comfortability with various recruiting tools and platforms to identify and connect with candidates.
- Be a people-oriented facilitator that values cross-functional input, can synthesize ideas, and is comfortable not having all the answers
- Excitement surrounding the potential to leverage innovative recruiting trends and practices to continually refine and improve the recruiting process and candidate experience.
What Success Looks Like
- Implement, navigate and manage ATS platform and other recruiting tools and systems
- Establish a recruiting strategy including social media initiatives, creative sourcing strategies, and leveraging technology to improve processes to decrease overall time to fill and total cost per hire
- Establish and maintain relationships with a diverse, full pipeline of talent
- Quickly earn trust from internal stakeholders to determine current staffing needs and produce forecasts, develop talent acquisition strategies and hiring plan to achieve specific business objectives
- Wake up each morning proud of the place you work and the amazing companies you get to partner with
- Join the team at a time when you can help shape the future of the company
- Unlimited PTO, we are all adults, you’re in control
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- Lots of swag!
- A performance culture that rewards results and promotes those that perform, quickly
- Being part of an organization that truly believes in promoting from within, at SwagUp your growth potential is uncapped!
SwagUp welcomes and celebrates talent from all backgrounds and perspectives. Our success is directly correlated to our people, and we believe our team should reflect the diversity of the companies we partner with. As an organization, we strive to foster an inclusive, diverse environment where we all work towards a common goal! #tothemoon