Payroll Coordinator at Noom
Noom is looking for an exceptional Payroll Coordinator to join our People Ops Department to work directly with the Payroll & Benefits Specialist and other key members of the People Ops, Accounting, Finance and Coaching teams. You will play an essential role in supporting the growing and evolving administrative and operational needs of a large, unique, and primarily virtual department. You will be a friendly face and helpful supplier of payroll information to both remote and HQ employees.
What You’ll be doing
- Support and improve payroll processing for biweekly and semimonthly pay groups.
- Support all Noom employees so that they can focus on their work (e.g. making sure employee status is up to date and correct, etc.) and be happy at work
- Support Noom operations as needed
- Correctly responding to employee inquiries with current Company policy and potential changes
- Preparing and resolving all reimbursements and taxable wages issues
- Ensure accurate entry of employee salaries, prior pay period reconciliation, reported hours, bonuses, severance pay, deductions and withholding for 401(k), garnishment requests, county, state and federal taxes and benefits
- Ensure that all timesheets are approved prior to payroll run
- Executing LOAs from start to finish.
- Ensuring compliance with company policies, relevant industry regulations, tax, and deduction laws.
What We’re Looking For:
- At least one year of experience in processing payroll in a multi-state environment
- Basic knowledge of Payroll practice, laws, and regulations
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Action oriented
- Ability to work well with ambiguity
- Living in NYC area by 2021
What Makes This Job Amazing:
- Helping millions of people lead healthier lives every day
- Being part of Noom's rocketship (with revenue exploding 20x in the last 2 years, and team growing, there are great opportunities for advancement)
- Wonderful benefits (wellness budget, free meals in the office)
- Huge learning & professional growth opportunity (professional growth is a must at Noom, we reimburse all books, send you to lots of courses, etc.)
- Being part of a transparent, high-performance, yet still close-knit culture
This is a full-time position that offers a competitive salary, equity, and benefits. We guarantee you will learn a tremendous amount in a short time. For those who value and excel in transparent, high-intensity, and high-impact environments, there is significant opportunity for advancement.