Payroll Specialist at Electric
Electric is a Series B startup backed by Bessemer Venture Partners, GGV Capital, Primary Venture Partners, 01 Advisors and led by a team of seasoned entrepreneurs, operators, and technologists. With software forming the foundation of every office, Electric is the world’s first all-in-one, modern IT support solution that can truly meet the needs of growing businesses. Through a chat interface, personalized service, and flat-rate pricing we keep our client’s email, computers, Wi-Fi and software running smoothly at a fraction of the cost and headaches normally experienced with traditional managed service providers.
Our company is a fun, fast-paced environment with enormous opportunities for career advancement. We are seeking highly motivated, detail-oriented go-getters who want to move up in a tech startup.
As a Payroll Specialist at Electric, we are looking for an experienced Payroll Specialist to oversee the daily operations of the Payroll function, managing end-to-end processes to ensure employee compensation is timely, accurate, and compliant. The successful candidate must be highly analytical, organized, and skilled at communication and problem-solving. Additionally, this person will be an energetic, hands-on individual who can embrace organizational change and work collaboratively with others. This position reports to the Director of People.
What you’ll do
- Process multi-state U.S. payroll and benefits accurately, timely, and efficiently in compliance with all federal, state/provincial, local, and regulatory requirements.
- Manage other payroll functions including recording of stock compensation in payroll system, registering for state and local payroll tax accounts, and year-end payroll processing (tax year-end reports, W2s).
- Handle all federal, state, and local payroll correspondence and work closely with the Company’s payroll providers to ensure all required filings are submitted timely.
- Assist in the requirements gathering, evaluation, and implementation of an HRIS solution.
- Fulfill audit and tax requirements as needed, as well as field questions and requests for payroll information.
- Facilitate process improvements to operational procedures and processes that meet audit standards and improve efficiency.
- Participate in audits and initiatives with other members of the finance team and other departments.
- Ensure that policies and procedures and desktop procedures are documented for all processes and updated periodically.
Who you are
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2+ years of experience in payroll
- PEO to Ultimate Software implementation experience is highly preferred
- Advanced excel skills; ability to use VLOOKUP and macros
- Familiarity with Ultimate Software is highly preferred
- Excellent analytical and mathematical skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to execute processes and tasks with little supervision
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users.