Renting a home is the world's oldest subscription service. People spend thousands of dollars every month for an experience that is outdated, inconvenient, analog, impersonal, and leaves a lot to be desired. Latch is working to make every building better, and while we've methodically executed this mission since our founding with great success, we're just getting started.
Leveraging our knowledge from companies like Apple, BCG, and IDEO, we’ve rethought how people interact with space. Latch delivers a full-building operating system designed to help owners, residents, and third parties like guests, couriers, and service providers, seamlessly experience the modern building. We’ve done this by combining software, devices, and services into a holistic platform that makes spaces more efficient, enjoyable, and profitable.
The next chapter of the Latch story will be our most exciting yet, and we’re looking for more talented team members to help fuel our growth.
The VP of Cultural Engagement and DEI will craft and deliver an enterprise-wide, comprehensive strategy that supports internal communications, fosters stakeholder (prospective and current employees) engagement, and contributes to building a more unified, collaborative work environment across the business.
Culture & Engagement
Engage employees through programs and initiatives that foster bonds across departments and enhances the company’s culture.
- Establish a Reward & Recognition program that encourages and reinforces behaviors that demonstrate a commitment to the company’s VMV and business strategy—creating a culture of recognition
- Produce events that provide employees with insights and knowledge of the company’s practices and business updates (Speaker Series, Town Halls, etc.)
- Identify and support initiatives that increase engagement including sports teams, clubs, and employee resource groups
- Produce annual employee events including the company’s summer and holiday socials
Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
Develop and implement a Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion strategy that showcases and measures the depth, breadth, and impact of the Company’s efforts. Collaborate with People team members to determine the appropriateness of introducing diversity initiatives that consider the unique needs of the organization and contributes to an inclusive environment. Also responsible for:
- Identifying and leveraging speaking, thought leadership, sponsorship, industry, and other events (ex. LGBTQ Pride) and recognition opportunities (ex. HRC Corporate Equality Index, Working Mother, etc.) that strengthens the Company’s presence
- Ensuring reasonable accommodations are made for individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions
- Developing policies and programs to attract, retain, and promote a diverse workforce
- Educating employees and managers on how to recognize, accommodate, and appreciate individual differences
- Implementing and supporting Employee Network/Resource Groups
- Staying current on diversity programs and developments by maintaining contact with others in the field (e.g., professional association and educational groups, and professional development efforts)
- Deliver unconscious bias training and other education programs throughout the organization
Corporate Social Responsibility
Build partnerships, assess needs and work directly with HR, the Communications team, and business leaders to shape CSR strategy and volunteerism that is aligned with the Company’s values.
- Develop and deploy Community Relations programming in partnership with strategically identified nonprofit partners with an eye toward brand visibility, employee engagement, and community impact
- Craft communications for both internal and external audiences on the Company’s key activities, and work collaboratively to continually promote through all available channels including social, digital, and traditional media
- Develop a Community Relations/Volunteerism team to support the organization of and promote participation in charitable events
- Design a community section of Latch.com as the program gains traction and evolves
- Measure engagement and visibility
- Identify industry best practices
Internal Communications & Branding
Build an internal communication function that contributes to improved employee engagement and ultimately a stronger culture at Latch and helps to drive business results. In partnership with the People Team, Communications Team and various business teams, the VP will ensure the internal communications strategy creates alignment with the Company’s mission, vision, values, and business strategy.
- Define the employee purpose narrative leveraging the company’s employee value proposition to bring talent branding and the company’s vision, mission, values (determination, humility, trust, inclusion, action with intent and privacy) to life, and increasing the understanding of how they link to business, functional and personal actions
- Develop talent branding communications that supports the employee experience from recruitment through retention
- Work in lock-step with our PR and Communications teams to ensure consistency in brand voice for employee programs
- Design, implement, and manage multi-directional formal and informal communication channels (ex., Intranet, Slack, digital monitors, etc.) that inform and engage employees (top down, bottom up, peer-to-to-peer), encourage employee feedback, helps drive engagement and reinforces the culture
- Empower and enhance the visibility of leaders and people managers across the company through cascade communications
- Oversee communications measurement including the design and operation of relevant reports to continuously improve the function
The responsibilities for this role will also include:
- Ensuring all internal communications are aligned with external communication efforts
- Providing strategic counsel that supports overarching business plans to communicate effectively, efficiently and compellingly
- Facilitating change management through strategic communication plans and strategies
- Working collaboratively with various functions across the organization
Founded in 2014, Latch now has 200+ team members working to reimagine modern buildings of today and drive evolution for the cities of tomorrow. Over half of our team members work in product development roles, and our team leverages established expertise in over 55 professional disciplines.
We offer unlimited Paid Time Off, a comprehensive benefits package, mental health support, and an environment where employees are surrounded by creative, empowered, and dynamic peers.
In conjunction with our core values: Contagious Determination, Humility, Trust, Inclusion, Action with Intent, and Privacy, we approach our work with care and a sense of duty, to make the world a better space.
Applicant Privacy Notice