Our mission is to give renters everywhere greater financial freedom to plan and enjoy their lives.
Our first product eliminates cash security deposits and puts more money back in renters’ pockets. With over $45 billion tied up in security deposits for 110 million renters in the United States alone, it’s time for security deposits to officially become a thing of the past. Tying up money at one of life’s biggest and most expensive moments just isn’t fair.
So we threw out the antiquated “way of doing things” and built a technology-driven insurance product to help bring renting into the 21st century. With Rhino, millions of renters across the country now have the opportunity to save with our award-winning deposit insurance. We’ve already saved hundreds of millions of dollars for renters and are trusted in over 1 million homes nationwide, and most importantly, we’re just getting started...
As a Claims Associate at Rhino, you’ll assume a critical role on a driven team that is transforming the insurance claims experience.In this role you will:
- Provide day-to-day support of customers, which may include real-time conversations via telephone, live chat, and email.
- Resolve issues in a timely way while effectively prioritizing customer needs.
- Triage tickets to the appropriate internal departments and work with them to resolve the issue.
- Develop best-in-class claims experience skills including investigation, resolution and operations.
- Enhance relationships with our partners and renters on the overall claims process.
- Assist in gathering customer feedback, defining processes, and identifying best practices.
- Provide ongoing support to the Experience Team as needed.
- 0-2 years of professional experience in a support or operations type role, ideally at an insurance, start-up, or real estate company
- Strong customer service skills
- An all-around team player who is detail oriented and an excellent communicator (verbal/written)
- An understanding of basic insurance concepts, claims, and policy coverages
- You feel at home using G-Suite, Microsoft Office, Slack, and modern workplace technology
- Flexibility - We are disrupting an industry so changes to traditional processes should be expected
- Insurance licensing may be required. Paid time off to complete training and the examination.
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Unlimited PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in Rhino’s success
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Remote Work Program to allow for flexibility between home and the office
- Generous Parental Leave to create a family-friendly culture
- Wellness Perks (Gym, Classpass, & Citibike Memberships)
- Commuter Benefits through a Flexible Spending Account
- Fintech Equality Coalition Founding member
Rhino is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees, and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rhino are without regard to race, color, age, religion or belief, sexual orientation, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rhino has a zero-tolerance policy against discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This includes recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.