Account Executive, Cyber Threat Intelligence at Dataminr
--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first, we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding.
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 800+ talented people across eight offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Who you are:
You're a highly motivated solution sales professional who is passionate about contributing to a high-growth technology company. You have deep expertise in the field of cyber threat intelligence with a track record of working and building new business. You're passionate about mission-driven organizations where you can make an impact, and you're ready to play a critical role in Dataminr's next phase of growth.
As an Account Executive, you'll report to VP, Strategic Innovation Sales and focus on our Cyber Threat Intelligence solution. You'll leverage your experience to discover and win new business and strategically develop accounts. You'll also partner closely with Product, Marketing, Solutions Engineering, and Customer Success teams to continuously provide feedback on our messaging, positioning, and solution capabilities and road map based on your experience and engagement with the market.
You'll work collaboratively with the existing Dataminr Sales team to drive sales for this new Cyber solution. You'll provide the broader Sales team with your key subject matter expertise and deep understanding of the cyber security landscape.
- Leverage subject matter expertise to develop a deep understanding of Dataminr's product offering and how to align it to our cyber security clients' most strategic needs
- Plan and implement a sales strategy targeting new customer acquisition for the Cyber Threat Intelligence solution, partnering collaboratively with a group of existing Account Executives and/or Account Managers to align on the best approach
- Create pipeline through prospecting activities, ensuring a balanced pipeline of multiple opportunities against quarterly and annual growth targets
- Provide accurate forecasting on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Provide an increased level of cyber security industry knowledge, thought leadership, and best practices that lead to improved solution selling, strategic alignment and growth across multiple segments
- Develop deep insights regarding customer use cases, internal decision making nuances, budget cycles and other key information necessary to close the sale and shape the success of this new vertical
- Strategically navigate and influence stakeholders in the buying process including users, influencers and budget decision makers
- Design and deliver powerful product demos and technical presentations to prospective customers that land relevant value drivers and align to customer pain points and desired outcomes
- Engage with existing accounts as subject matter expert and specialist as opportunities are identified for strategic value add, save plays, and growth opportunities
- Provide regular and productive feedback loop to cross-functional teams (Product, Engineering) to enable continuous improvement of our products
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- At least 7 years of experience selling enterprise technology solutions in a fast-paced, competitive market
- Deep subject matter expert knowledge and experience in the cyber security field, including a deep understanding of sales processes and business drivers for clients in this industry
- Understanding of overall Enterprise Risk space and the challenges faced within specific market sectors is a plus
- Deep product knowledge and proven experience bringing enterprise software products to market
- Proven enterprise software/SaaS sales experience, preferably gained in fast-paced, technology and data product driven environments
- Track record of quota overachievement and ability to deliver consistently against targets
- Team player with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team across geographies
- Self-motivated and able to handle multiple, competing priorities
- Knowledge of sales methodology; Miller Heiman a plus
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM a plus
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave and 100% company paid parental leave
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
For individuals applying for US-based roles:
Dataminr is requiring that all prospective employees hired for this position present proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
Dataminr is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a sincerely held religious belief, medical reasons, or other legally protected reasons, should contact their recruiting representative as soon as possible following any conditional offer of employment to explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations Dataminr is able to offer.
For individuals applying for Australian-based roles:
Dataminr requires (as a condition of employment) that the successful candidate for this position be fully vaccinated with a recognized and approved COVID-19 vaccine prior to commencing employment. The successful candidate will be required to present proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of employment.
Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a legally protected reason should contact their recruiting representative as soon as possible following any offer of employment to explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations Dataminr is able to offer.