Account Executive, Public Sector Social Good at Dataminr
--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first, we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding. Currently, reopening of offices is planned for January 2022.
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 800+ talented people across eight offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
About Social Good Sales at Dataminr:
Over the years, Dataminr has built partnerships with a number of humanitarian orgs. We are now looking to expand our impact by building a team dedicated to social good. We aim not only to bring our current capabilities to bear with a broader set of nonprofits and IGOs, but also to work deeply with social good partners to identify new ways to leverage real time information and AI for the benefit of people and planet.
As a Senior Account Executive with Dataminr’s Social Good team, you'll help us to grow our impact by expanding partnerships with global nonprofits and intergovernmental organizations like the UN. You will take a consultative approach, digging into the market to uncover its unique needs and getting our product into the right hands to maximize impact in the most critical moments.
Who you are:
You're a highly motivated solution sales professional with experience owning all aspects of the sales cycle, from prospecting to renewal. You're passionate about contributing to the achievement of business results by exceeding quotas and establishing strong customer relationships. You're methodical when it comes to building and managing your pipeline, disciplined with your time, and you understand the value of listening to your clients to discover their technical, business and timeline drivers.
Above all, you have demonstrated your commitment to positive social and environmental impact, ideally with a focus on using technology to these ends. You're excited to build a business across high-profile nonprofit and IGO accounts and have existing senior contacts in the space. All you need is a great product to match.
- Develop and manage a robust portfolio of qualified nonprofit sales opportunities through thoughtful prospecting and leveraging your own existing senior relationships at nonprofits and IGOs
- Build and maintain strong and effective client relationships, and act as a thought partner in negotiating and closing deals, renewals and upsell opportunities
- Develop deep insights regarding critical social impact areas (e.g. climate, public health), trends impacting the nonprofit and humanitarian sector, individual customer use cases, internal decision making, and other information necessary to close sales, expand use and shape the success of this Social Good vertical
- Strategically navigate and influence stakeholders in the buying process, including users, influencers and budget decision makers
- Drive new partner acquisition and revenue by managing the full sales cycle, including generating demand for the product, pitching our Social Good products and solutions, and closing new business with a diverse set of nonprofits and IGOs.
- Provide regular and productive feedback to cross-functional teams (Product, Engineering, Growth Marketing) to enable continuous improvement of our products and messaging
- Ensure a strong, trusted advisor relationship is established with clients throughout the sales process and during the onboarding experience to enable long-lasting partnerships
- Partner closely with Customer Success team members to understand your clients’ mission sets and operational processes and design and implement programs that seamlessly integrate Dataminr into their workflow
- Collaborate across verticals (e.g. corporate risk) and functions (e.g. diversity, equity and inclusion) to realize the potential of multi-stakeholder partnerships and support the success of Dataminr’s business as a whole
- Attend and present at top industry events and focused symposiums to increase awareness of Dataminr’s brand and Social Good value proposition
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 7-10+ years of experience selling technology solutions in a fast-paced, competitive market
- Must have demonstrated commitment to social and/or environmental impact, whether through your studies, career or volunteer work
- Must have stable work history and track record of learning and growth in your career
- Knowledge of publicly available information and social media utilization among nonprofits and IGOs strongly preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of enterprise software/SaaS as it relates to artificial intelligence (AI) and open source data a plus
- Track record of quota overachievement and ability to deliver consistently against targets
- Deep understanding of sales process and business drivers for nonprofits and IGOs
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
- Superior communication and presentation skills
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM a plus
- Open to travel as required (once deemed safe)
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave and 100% company paid parental leave
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.#LI-DNP
For individuals applying for US-based roles:
Dataminr is requiring that all prospective employees hired for this position present proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
Dataminr is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a sincerely held religious belief, medical reasons, or other legally protected reasons, should contact their recruiting representative as soon as possible following any conditional offer of employment to explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations Dataminr is able to offer.