Business Development - Commodities at Paxos
Paxos is on a mission to enable the movement of any asset, any time, in a trustworthy way. Today’s financial infrastructure is archaic, expensive, inefficient and risky - supporting a system that leaves out more people than it lets in. So we’re rebuilding it.
As a regulated blockchain infrastructure company, we use technology to tokenize, custody, trade, and settle assets for enterprise clients like PayPal, Novi, Bank of America, and Interactive Brokers. Paxos is a top-funded blockchain company, with more than $500 million in total funding from leading investors like OakHC/FT, Founders Fund, PayPal Ventures, and Declaration Partners. Together, we empower today’s financial leaders to build a more open, trusted economy.
- Drive growth in Commodities. You will report to the Head of Growth and will be responsible for new business development.
- Be responsible for creating sales opportunities for Commodities Settlement and Optimization products in a network growth environment. Success is being able to convince banks and brokers to work with Paxos and to advance their settlement processes to Simultaneous settlement through our regulated Trust Company. Developing relationships and managing stakeholders to close deals, as well as being able to analyse the ROI we can offer our clients, is critical.
- Show that you are a keen self starter, hungry to close business and able to use everything in your tool box to close deals. You should thrive when thinking about opportunities and maximise your efforts through networking and connecting counterparties in order to increase value proposition.
- Immerse yourself in blockchain technology, cryptocurrency for enterprises and investors, our regulation-first approach, and more!
- 5+ years of experience selling to customer base of banks and brokers with an understanding of network sales
- A track record of building customer relationships in large enterprises, while delivering on commercial goals
- Aptitude and interest to learn the deeper details of how Commodities settlement works
- A demonstrated passion for driving innovation and change with little supervision
You might also have:
- Great communication skills to present our vision and win customer support
- Comfortability working in a continuous evolving business.
What you’ll love about Paxos:
Paxos has consistently been named as a “Best Place to Work” by BuiltIn and was recently listed on the 2021 Forbes Fintech 50. All of our employees have significant ownership and impact on our business, as well as benefits like company equity, health insurance, family leave, a $500 quarterly stipend for development, a $500 stipend for home office setup and unlimited PTO. From team product demos and virtual lounge and learns to care packages and an active Slack #shoutouts channel, there are countless opportunities to connect and make your mark. Help us continue to build a new, open financial system from one of our three offices or right from your home!
- USDP Stablecoin Chosen for Facebook's Pilot of Novi Digital Wallet
- Forbes Names Paxos to 2021 Fintech 50
- Paxos Supports Interactive Brokers' Journey into Crypto Markets
- CB Insights Names Paxos to 2021 Fintech 250 for Crypto Category
- Paxos Supports Flourish Crypto
- Paxos National Trust Receives OCC Conditional Approval for De Novo Charter
- Paxos Raises $300M in Series D Funding at 2.4B Valuation
- Paxos & PayPal Bring Crypto to Millions of Users
Our Paxos team is made up of passionate people from all over the world with different perspectives and experiences. If this opportunity excites you, but your experience doesn’t perfectly match the description…apply! Unique voices help us build a more transparent and open economy.