Business Development Director, International Defence (Baltics) at Dataminr
--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first, we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding.
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 800+ talented people across eight offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Who you are:
Join the exciting Dataminr European Defence Team expansion as our Business Development Director for the Baltics (Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania)!
You're a highly motivated and experienced solution sales professional with a proven track record of selling in the Defence sector and passionate about contributing to a fast growth tech company. You're an expert in networking, breaking into new markets and building long term customer relationships that support the ambitious growth plans of Dataminr in the International Defence market. This position will play a leading role in our next expansion phase!
As a Business Development Director in the International Defence Team at Dataminr you'll use your skills and experience to discover and win new business and strategically develop accounts in the Baltics (Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania)
- Plan and implement a sales strategy targeting new customer growth in the armed forces of Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania.
- Create a network of influencers and key decision makers to drive demand for Dataminr’s products
- Create a qualified sales pipeline through prospecting activities to ensure coverage of quarterly and annual growth targets
- Provide thought leadership into target customers through initiatives that generate demand and buy in for Dataminr’s Real Time Alerting products
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships that are focused on long term partnerships with customers
- Develop an understanding of customer use cases, internal decision making nuances, budget cycles and other key information necessary to win business
- Provide accurate sales forecasting on a quarterly basis
- Identify ways to integrate Dataminr into the customers' workflow and recommend best practices
- Devise and execute strategic and tactical sales capture plans adopting recognised best practice
- Be a sector subject matter expert by keeping on top of competitive activity, trends and innovations to appropriately advise on strategic and tactical sales recommendations
- Leadership & management of a growing team
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant experience in a related field
- 5+ years of enterprise software or SaaS sales experience with a demonstrated track record of success
- Experience of selling technology solutions to Defence clients with a focus on defence and/or military accounts in Estonia, Latvia or Lithuania.
- Extensive experience of successfully selling into the Defence/Military sector with a strong track record of negotiation and closing strategic opportunities
- Expertise in prospecting, identifying and developing multiple use cases, and developing strong relationships with senior leaders in the customer community
- Team management & leadership experience
- Demonstrable track record of strategic sales experience in the European defence sector
- A good understanding of open source information and how it can be used for the benefit of the public sector
- Proven enterprise software/SaaS sales experience, preferably gained in fast-paced, technology and data product driven environments
- Adept at strategically navigating and influencing all customer stakeholders in the buying process including users, influencers and budget decision makers
- Ability to establish clear value propositions via excellent communication skills through customer conversations; company and product presentations; written communications such as email and proposals
- Must possess the appropriate security clearance to operate within public organisations.
- Additional European languages a plus.
Why you should work here:
We recognise and reward hard work with:
competitive compensation package including equity
company paid stipends support to assist in health insurance and life insurance
We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
individual learning and development fund and professional training
generous leave, including two additional volunteer days
remote working friendly perks such as monthly stipend for remote working costs, fitness app reimbursements and telehealth options for mental and physical well-being
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, colour, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
Dataminr will collect and process your personal data. All personal data will be processed in accordance with Dataminr's data privacy notice available here: https://www.dataminr.com/privacy-policy and applicable data protection laws. By providing your details and applying via our careers website, you acknowledge that you have read our data privacy notice. If you have any queries, please contact the People Team at [email protected] or our Legal department at [email protected]
For individuals applying for US-based roles:
Dataminr is requiring that all prospective employees hired for this position present proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
Dataminr is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a sincerely held religious belief, medical reasons, or other legally protected reasons, should contact their recruiting representative as soon as possible following any conditional offer of employment to explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations Dataminr is able to offer.
For individuals applying for Australian-based roles:
Dataminr requires (as a condition of employment) that the successful candidate for this position be fully vaccinated with a recognized and approved COVID-19 vaccine prior to commencing employment. The successful candidate will be required to present proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of employment.
Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a legally protected reason should contact their recruiting representative as soon as possible following any offer of employment to explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations Dataminr is able to offer.