Business Development Manager, Beauty and Lifestyle (Remote) at Howl
Narrativ is a subscription technology platform for brands to acquire new customers through trusted creators, not sponsored content or ads. By building the commerce and payments infrastructure for the 50 million+ creator economy, Narrativ introduces the first real alternative to the outdated e-commerce growth playbook.
Brands know consumers are tired of being inundated with ads that only tell one side of the story - yet the marketing playbook hasn’t evolved. Unlike search engine marketing or social marketing, creators are at the center of consumer trust today. Creators who build on Narrativ’s infrastructure are honest and unbiased, represent diverse voices, and speak with integrity and specificity.
Narrativ’s platform gives all brands and creators - not just the top 1% - the tools to win in the $50 billion creator economy by building trust with consumers, not selling ads. We’ve been recognized as a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer and one of Fast Company World’s Most Innovative Companies alongside giants like Google, Microsoft, and Slack.
Do you share our vision for decentralizing the institutions that control the Internet today? Come join our team.
If you are passionate about:
- Content: To really thrive in this role, you have to be in the know about the best content creators and products out there! This is a dream position for someone that spends countless time on Youtube learning about products!
- Products: You are a savvy shopper and know where to look before you buy!
- Empowering others: Content creators are the new small businesses! Our product empowers them to truly own there content without having to sacrifice integrity in order to monetize!
What you'll do:
- Full-cycle sales with responsibility for building and maintaining a pipeline of prospective and current Creator clients in the beauty and lifestyle space
- Deliver product demos, provide insightful technical answers, and recommend creative ways to get the most out of the Narrativ platform, which means you’ll also have to understand the Creator space
- Creator acquisition is the heartbeat of Narrativ’s growth so in this role you will have a remarkable impact on the growth trajectory of the entire company.
What you’ll learn:
- You’ll learn how to both close deals and set them up for success and work in an environment with highly complex deal structures
- You’ll work alongside our broad creator team and will learn the ins and outs of the creator universe
- You’ll also learn about our product and about our data-driven approach to growth
- All told, this is a truly special opportunity for an exceptional performer to greatly accelerate the trajectory of their career
- 2+ years sales or business development experience
- Ability to interact with a broad set of stakeholders, presenting both over the phone and in person.
- High levels of intellectual curiosity and outstanding proven performance in a previous role.
- Has experience working with the Creator space and/or working with Influencers
- Experience selling martech/consultative technology tools
- Deep passion for making the online shopping experience better, loves the Creator space
Important Notice: Narrativ will be going fully remote in 2021 and anticipate being a fully remote organization moving forward!