Business Development Manager at Ribbon
Who are we?
Ribbon is a first of its kind real estate technology company transforming the real estate transaction by delivering certainty, transparency and joy to the home buying process. Consumers and realtors deserve a better experience, and we have designed an open platform that welcomes everyone in the ecosystem to participate.
As members of the Ribbon team, we live out our mission every day through our core values:
Set New Standards. Our mission requires a new way forward. We start from first-principles to be different, creative and bold. Big or small, we create new norms.
Build Together. We are one team, one mission, creating vibrant communities of belonging. We unite in our passion and collaborate with optimism, integrity and trust.
Learn, Teach, Grow. In service of delivering a world class experience, we actively learn from our community, educate others, and celebrate the victories and struggles that come along the way.
The Business Development team gets to help live out Ribbon’s mission of making homeownership achievable every day. As the head of this department, you have the opportunity to increase existing business and strategically attack new opportunities throughout the world of real estate. You'll work on a fast-paced, tenacious team with teammates who thrive as a unit and help make a difference in people's lives each day.
How you'll help make homeownership achievable:
- Responsible for consultative selling of Ribbon Cash products to real estate brokers and/or Mortgage lenders within an assigned territory or market segment. Responsibilities include building relationships with brokers; advising brokers and agents on our products and cash solutions
- Assist Partner Management and Expansion teams with key initiatives and projects that help drive our top-line OKRs and goals around “deals/day”, etc.
- Ability to partner with the BI team to drive funnel analytics that show gaps, areas of improvement and optimizations we can implement through the people, the process and the systems/products
- Establish long term relationships with partners by valuing and understanding their business needs and drivers, and applying the appropriate solution to address those needs;
- Demonstrate knowledge of Ribbon products and services, as well as competitors' products and services.
- Develop leads and sales opportunities and follow through with a defined sales plan.
- Maintain an updated target list of prospective, qualified prospects in CRM and monitor progress in converting from prospective to current partners
- Represent Ribbon in the market and at industry events.
- Work directly with Ribbon leadership and the company cross-functionally to ensure goals are met and exceeded
What we're looking for:
- 4+ years in the Business Development Field
- Significant number of existing relationships in the RE industry and a deep understanding of industry dynamics (e.g. brokerages, lenders, builders, etc.)
○ High levels of intellectual curiosity to dig into and solve key issues in the business.
- Experience in working at a fast-paced tech startup company
- Strong analytical, comprehension and problem solving skills, as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments and manage rapidly changing assignments in a team environment
- Strong presentation skills (written and verbal) with the ability to command an audience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience contributing, developing and executing strategic plans and leading initiatives to achieve business results
- Exceptional relationship management skills
- Highly strategic with the ability to identify opportunities and problem solve
- Strong attention to detail with excellent prioritization skills
- Travel expectations each month as we move forward will be expected of this role
What we offer:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible, unlimited vacation
- Regular team lunches
- Discounted fitness benefits
- Commuter benefits
- FSA + HSA
- Learning + development stipend
- Meaningful equity in the company
Even if you don’t meet all the requirements, we encourage you to apply! If you’d be excited to show up for work each day, we’d be excited to have you on our team.
Here at Ribbon we’re not scared of differences. It’s how we break new ground. As we scale and we help families from every walk of life, the team we build must be reflective of the diversity that we serve. Together, we’ve built and will continue to grow, a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone has a seat at the table and the space to be their most authentic self. Ribbon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we support, celebrate, and cherish all the things that make our teammates who they are.