Business Development Rep (BDR) at SwagUp
SwagUp is a rapidly growing swag product and technology company with grand ambitions of transforming a fragmented and antiquated industry. We are an entrepreneurial, fast paced, customer focused sales organization who thoroughly enjoys what we do and who we do it with, with customers that love what we do.
With a strong brand, innovative product, and solid marketing, we generate tons of leads each day from companies of all different shapes and sizes, with lead velocity set to continue increasing. Some companies are a great match for what we do and some others are not.
We are looking to bring on a Business Development Rep (BDR) to manage our inbound lead flow in what will be a new position for us. In this extremely important role, you will be responsible for contacting new inbound leads, evaluating their needs and potential, filling in relevant client details into our CRM (Salesforce), and routing them to the appropriate team member, if they are qualified. Some leads may be harder to contact then others, this person isn’t afraid to chase someone down until they get in touch.
This process, when done well, will set up our Account Executive team for success by passing them only legitimate opportunities, with clients that are a fit, with the background information needed to hit the ground running. It will also give our Marketing team the metrics and information necessary to know what is working and what is not.
Some other daily responsibilities include managing our Intercom chat, team email, inbound phone calls, and re-engaging with old leads that do not end up converting into customers.
On occasion you will work alongside the marketing team to relay feedback and insights form discovery calls with leads to be integrated into our campaigns.
No specific experience is needed for this role, what’s most important are character traits. We are looking for someone hungry to do something great, curious to keep learning, organized, loves listening and talking to people, and is self-motivated. As this is a startup environment, everyone wears many hats and everyone is given a lot of autonomy to take control of their own position. You will be judged on results (ability to generate as many qualified opportunities that take next steps as possible), not on what you do, when you do it, or how you do it. Feel free to experiment.
As one of the first people new leads interact with, the person in this position will set the tone for what it’s like to work with SwagUp. As a customer-obsessed company, new leads should genuinely feel that from our SDR.
Lastly, as the company evolves we need drivers vs. passengers, people that are willing and capable of owning specific parts of the business and taking control. There is no room at this company for people who want to sit and wait to be told what to do. If you want to drive the organization forward, then this role may be for you!
• Interact with new inbound leads via chat, email, and calls
• Connect and engage with new leads on social platforms like LinkedIn or Twitter
• Set up the Account Executive team for success by passing them qualified warm leads
• Keep our CRM (Salesforce) up to date with lead data
• Re-engage old leads to generate new opportunities
• Work alongside the marketing team relaying feedback form calls to integrate into campaigns
• Become well-versed in SwagUp's products and technology
- Has read and understood everything above and comes prepared to demonstrate why they’re uniquely qualified for this role and how they plan on making an immediate impact.
- Has a track record of over-achieving in whatever they do
- Experience with Salesforce and Salesloft
- Self-motivated, wants to do and be a part of something special
- Strives in a challenging, chaotic environment
- Naturally competitive
- Bonus if you follow the startup landscape
- Bonus if you have enterprise sales development experience
• Wake up each morning proud of the place you work and the amazing companies you get to partner with
• Join the team at a time when you can help shape the future of the company
• Unlimited PTO and Work From Home days, we are all adults, you’re in control
• Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
• Fully stocked Kitchen
• Catered team breakfast and lunch every Friday
• Company outings throughout the year
• Office pets and lots of swag!
• A performance culture that rewards results and promotes those that perform, quickly