Business Operations Associate
Who we are
We are hiring a Business Operations Associate to support the build of our corporate operations as we scale. You will join Cityblock at a critical point in our growth trajectory as we continue to expand rapidly over the upcoming year. You will work closely with Finance and Operations, ensuring the organization operates like a well-oiled machine. You'll also partner with People Operations, Legal, Clinical Operations and IT via highly cross-functional projects. This is an exceptional opportunity for an eager, operationally-minded generalist with a passion for process-build and project management. This role is packed with ambitious challenges that will serve as the foundational building blocks for the continued success of the organization.
- Be a key team member as we stand up new legal entities and operational infrastructure for new clinic sites across the country
- Support financial operations by managing and improving current workflows for accounts payable/receivable, expenses submission, vendor relations, and payroll
- Play a key role directing monthly books close process to ensure integrity of underlying financial transaction data
- Partner closely with HR & people operations to maintain HR systems with a deep attention to our team members experience and compliance
- Partner with our admin, IT, office management team members to make sure the office is set up for success: provision infrastructure for IT systems, balance budget related to office systems, understand core team needs to plan future spend strategically
- Be a central point of contact, and expert, on all topics related to financial/accounting systems. Become the go-to team member who can resolve any question about reimbursement and spend policies, outstanding invoices, and our financial tools.
- Provide great vendor relations directly relevant to the success of our office, whether it be regular business and legal consultants or freelancers providing facilities repair work
- Support financial planning & analysis work to devise growth budgets and then evaluate our current spending against goal
- Draft pre-audit memos and policies that provide the base of a robust compliance and finance stack
- Support design and build out of new office spaces as we grow, which includes negotiating with contractors and making design decisions that are on-brand and in-budget
- Continue to take on new responsibilities and projects in an ever expanding role that will evolve alongside our company’s needs
You’d be a good fit if:
- You hold a Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of work experience, with demonstrated success in project management and end-to-end execution
- You have basic exposure to financial systems and workflows; you're comfortable managing a controlled system and analyzing data for trends
- You have fanatical attention to detail and enjoy staying organized, ensuring no balls are dropped
- You are highly proactive and always follow-up. You get to the bottom of a problem. You tackle today's issue, while simultaneously improving workflows to prevent similar repeat problems in the future
- You're an effective relationship builder, collaborating effectively with teammates at all levels of an organization
- You can drive cross-function process and initiatives with an uncompromising commitment to delivery
- You highly adaptable, and can thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. You self direct and self learn
- You have exceptional written and verbal communication skills. You can extract insights from noise and are an effective written & oral communicator who can deliver sharp presentations
- You exhibit a high degree of professionalism
- You’re generally calm and good humored, and you use solid judgement at all times
Nice to have:
- Experience and interest in the healthcare sector, specifically Medicaid and Medicare systems OR
- High growth startup experience, specifically technology/VC-backed
“Nice to have” really means “nice to have”. It’s completely possible that you don’t have any of these and are still a great fit for the team.
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.