Client Success - SMB at Bread
Bread is a technology company that aims to transform the way the world shops online. We have built a platform that allows e-commerce merchants to integrate Buy Now, Pay Later financing products throughout the customers’ shopping journey. Bread was founded in 2014 by financial technology veterans, and has experienced explosive growth to date. Recently acquired by Alliance Data Systems, Bread provides candidates the highly unique experience of being part of a rapidly growing fintech with the DNA and culture of a startup, while also having the considerable resources of a highly scaled, leading financial institution. This powerful combination will enable Bread to accelerate its growth to become an even greater force in the marketplace as well as provide candidates a completely unique experience.
The Client Success- SMB is an integral part of our Success team at Bread. You will be responsible for tending to the day-to-day needs of our merchant partners and for building out processes and efficiencies to help scale those interactions. You will set the overall tone of your merchant relationships while being responsible for assigning accurate views of the health of your customers and forecasting retention and expansion opportunities within your book of business. The ideal candidate will be also able to speak confidently about the digital marketing and e-commerce space alongside broader themes that can be applied to marketing strategy. Internally, communication with various internal partners while acting as a client advocate to ensure offering optimization. On the merchant side, you will work with leaders at all levels to design and implement digital marketing strategies to help merchants derive the most value from the tools Bread offers.
Your Role at Bread:
- Own merchant relationships in a one-to-many manner to create mutually beneficial partnerships, constantly seeking expansion/growth/upsell opportunities for the client and ensuring the client understands the value Bread brings to their business
- Onboard merchants to the Bread platform and guide them through the technical integration process
- Train merchants on how to use the Bread tool and market our financing product to their customers
- Ensure merchant compliance and drive relevant product adoption to generate high retention rates
- Help merchants create and deploy effective marketing initiatives around financing using a data-driven approach
- Identify process improvement opportunities and execute efficiency gaining initiatives to help support the one-to-many merchant engagement model.
- Work cross-functionally with Sales, Product, and Engineering to ensure that merchant wins, losses, and suggestions are recorded and iterated on
What we are looking for:
- 2+ years of work experience in a client-facing role, preferably at a SaaS tech company or consultancy firm
- Client relationship management in a B2B environment is a must
- Exemplary written and verbal (face-to-face and phone/screenshare) communication skills
- Track record of delivering high-quality outputs and owning projects from start-to-finish
- Quick learner, organized, and comfortable in fast-moving environments
- Experience with Microsoft Powerpoint, Excel and data analysis
- BA / BS degree from an accredited university
Nice to Have:
- Work experience at a Fintech company with knowledge of APIs and technical integrations.
- Enthusiastic about problem solving and taking on a challenge - you are motivated to think creatively and execute in new areas
- Positive attitude and proven work ethic - you're highly motivated, thrive working independently to achieve relevant, time-sensitive goals, and enjoy dynamic environments
- Experience using Excel or other Business Intelligence reporting tools like Looker, Tableau or Domo to conduct data analysis