Commercial Associates at Tessian
Tessian, one of Europe’s fastest-growing cybersecurity & AI/machine learning startups, is looking for hardworking, ambitious, and entrepreneurially-minded individuals to serve as founding members of its first US office, based in NYC.
Backed by some of the world’s leading investors, including Accel (investors of Facebook, Dropbox & Slack) and Balderton (investors of MySQL & Yoox Net-a-Porter), Tessian recently raised a $13M Series A to aid its global expansion. Our clients include some of the world’s top-ranking investment banks, law firms, PE and hedge funds, and we’re growing at ~500% per year.
As one of Tessian US’s first Commercial team members, you’ll be joining the Inside Sales team with a focus on demand generation - strategically identifying, prospecting, and qualifying new leads, crafting succinct & engaging campaigns/marketing rhetoric, representing Tessian at industry / insider events, and contributing to the team’s go-to-market strategy.
After initial training in our London HQ, you will hit the ground running and start contributing to growth. You’ll communicate with high-level industry decision-makers and work closely with the Head of US to unlock revenue.
Tessian believes in meritocracy. In exchange for high energy and ambition, we’ll offer you an unparalleled opportunity to jumpstart the growth of Tessian’s US arm and bring a world-class cybersecurity/machine learning product to thousands of users. Within 18 months, you could be managing a team, directing US strategy, or personally closing deals with some of the world’s most renowned institutions.
Please note: we are unable to offer US Visa sponsorship
We'd love to meet someone who:
- 0-2.5 years of work experience (preferably in banking, consulting, law, PE/investing, tech, or other high-intensity environments) - prior internship or extracurricular experiences considered
- Has a consistent track record of high performance (whatever that might be in)
- Top-notch verbal and written communication skills
- Strong leadership potential
- Results-driven with a self-starter attitude
- Curiosity about AI, machine learning, cybersecurity, SaaS, and/or new technologies (a plus)
- Work eligibility in the US (we currently don’t sponsor)
Why we think you'll love it here:
- You’ll work alongside amazing, high-performing colleague, and have a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to start up an entirely new subsidiary of a fast-growth, Sequoia-&-Accel-backed technology company
- Great startup culture
- We offer a competitive salary and equity options with every role, with annual salary reviews.
- Base salary for this role is $55,000 p.a with on-track bonus incentives taking total OTE to $85,000 p.a.
- Everyone gets 25 days of paid holiday leave a year (15 days of paid vacation plus 10 paid federal holiday days)
- Free healthcare, vision & dental insurance! We offer three tiers of plans, with the lowest tier of Aetna health insurance 100% paid for by Tessian (no employee contribution required), with a $0 in-network deductible and 0% co-pay on the majority of in-network treatments
- Company contributions are made towards your 401k
- You’ll get a high quality MacOS tech kit to work on
- One week of remote working from abroad per year
- Free office snacks & coffee
- Monthly subsidy towards a discounted gym membership in NY
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Parents and carers are guaranteed one day per week of work-from-home, and we'll give you an extra day of annual leave to take your child to their first day of kindergarten and elementary school.
- If you’re coming from far away, we’ll provide relocation assistance. Over 25% of the global company is international and we’re always as supportive as we can be in helping people make the move. Please note however that we are unable to sponsor US visas.
Tessian is a Sequoia backed SaaS technology company. Tessian's mission is to keep the world's most sensitive data and systems private and secure. We're building the world's first Human Layer Security (HLS) platform to fulfil this mission.
We’re a team of mathematicians, data scientists & engineers building breakthrough machine learning and natural language technology to analyse, understand & protect enterprise email networks.
We’ve just announced our raise of $42m in Series B funding led by Sequoia, & partner Matt Miller is joining the board. Last year our venture backed business grew 400% and our team expanded from 13 to 120 people; we have ambitious growth plans for the next year, spanning all areas including our product offerings and our sales & marketing divisions. We’re excited about where this next phase of our growth will take us - we hope you are too, so we encourage you to apply today to be part of the next leg of the Tessian journey.
We’re backed by world-leading venture capital funds who’ve invested in companies like Facebook, Slack, Dropbox, Improbable & Transferwise & we’ve been named on the prestigious Forbes 30 Under 30 list, crowned the “Best Security Startup” by WIRED magazine, and awarded “Best Innovation in Data Protection & Privacy” by CogX.
You can check out some photos of our team on our Instagram, or take a look at our company page. You can also find us on Glassdoor.
Equality & diversity
Tessian is an equal opportunity employer, committed to equality and diversity amongst both our employees and prospective applicants. The Human Layer we're securing is diverse, and we know we need to be diverse and inclusive to successfully create HLS that reflects this. You can read our equality and diversity statement here.
As part of our commitment to equality and diversity, we're also a corporate member of the WISE Campaign for gender equality in STEM, our CFO is the Chair of the WISE Campaign's Young Professionals' Board, & we're a founding member of the WEDS network driving diversity & inclusion in startups.
How to apply
Please click on the 'Apply for this Job' button below to be taken to the application form which will collect all the necessary information.
Want to make your application stand out? We value well thought-out, Tessian-specific cover letters; you can write yours in the 'Additional Information' section of the application form.
Please note that we do not accept applications or résumés from recruiters.
Please note, that any job offers will be subject to the candidate passing background screening checks.