Covid 19 Update - Please Read:
Cityblock requires those hired into this position to provide proof that they have received the COVID-19 vaccine. Any individuals subject to this requirement may submit for consideration a request to be exempted from the requirement (based on a valid religious or medical reason) on forms to be provided by Cityblock. Such requests will be subject to review and approval by the Company, and exemptions will be granted only if the Company can provide a reasonable accommodation in relation to the requested exemption. Note that approvals for reasonable accommodations are reviewed and approved on a case-by-case basis and availability of a reasonable accommodation is not guaranteed. This vaccination requirement is based, in part, on recently established government requirements. The requirement is also based on the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine in protecting against COVID-19, and our shared responsibility for the health and safety of members, colleagues, and community.
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the Role:
Director, Care Innovation and Program Design:
- With the Chief Care Innovation and Program Design Officer, sets the strategic vision and direction for their clinical design sprint
- With the clinical design team, develops roadmap and project plans that can be shared with stakeholders across the organization. They update the roadmap quarterly
- Ensure sprint teams are appropriately resourced, have clear mandates and goals, and a sound implementation plan. Follows the portfolio of solutions through to execution to ensure clinical fidelity and makes recommendations for redesign / optimization based on performance
- Develops and communicates objectives and key results (OKRs) for design sprints to be prepared and executed by the dedicated team
- Defines operational KPIs that guide delivery evaluation and monitoring; ensures KPIs are being produced, interpreted accurately, and acted on as needed
- Engages with cross-functional team leaders (ex. Data & reporting, learning and development, clinical delivery) to drive prioritization and alignment with roadmap
- Ensures solutions adhere to regulations and engages with internal and external stakeholders as needed to maintain compliance without compromising core principles of our care model
- Is responsible for all executive and stakeholder updates, including bi-weekly implementation and clinical champions group or other routine performance share-out with key build and delivery partners
Requirements for the Role:
- Deep commitment to care for vulnerable populations including dedication to improving health outcomes that matter to patients, patient and clinician experience, and health equity
- Clinician - Physician (MD or DO), Advanced Practice Provider (APP), RN with >10 years provider-led care management experience, or LCSW with >10 years integrated behavioral health/primary care/social drivers of care delivery experience
- Track record of leading teams in operations and clinical process build
- Proven ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment
- Strong problem-solving skills, communication skills, and customer-centric approach
- Demonstrated ability to leverage data, test hypotheses, and communicate crisply to prioritize, simplify, and adapt objectives and key results to meet product vision and goal
- Ability to simultaneously be in the weeds while also maintaining a high-level vision and direction to promote forward progress. Willingness to lean in, get hands dirty, and be proactive in anticipating challenges
- Takes pride as the steward of a team culture that enables excellence, accountability, inclusion, and progress towards shared goals
How We Define Success:
- Articulate and socialize the vision, objectives, and key results of 1-2 clinical design sprints launched each quarter
- Plan and execute 1-2 clinical design sprints launched each quarter with NPS score of 90 or greater by attendees
- Oversee regularly scheduled and ad hoc meetings with key stakeholders and customers to update on progress, communicate, and prepare for implementation and execution of care design
- For each clinical design sprint delivers key design plan output necessary for product and implementation teams:
- People: Care team and staffing model, panel ratios, hiring and training, performance incentive design where applicable
- Processes: Prototypes for testing and results analysis, scheduling templates, clinical content including detailed workflows and job aids, communications plans and practice facilitation content, measurement and evaluation design, continuous improvement plan
- Technology and Data: With technical teams, deliver on documented design rationale and considerations, prototype developed and test results, measurement and evaluation plans (if applicable)
- Ability to longitudinally engage and vet of solutions in the product build, implementation, and scale phases
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- Prior experience in care redesign and clinical innovation, practice facilitation and implementation, product management and/or project management a plus.
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.