Head of Business Development - Sports & Entertainment at CLEAR
CLEAR helps create safer, easier experiences everywhere you go. We believe you are you and by using your biometrics – your eyes, face, and fingerprints – we keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to – breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctor’s office, access your office building, and more – without ever pulling out your wallet. CLEAR is currently available in 50+ airports, venues and more. Now with Health Pass, CLEAR securely connects a person’s digital identity to multiple layers of COVID-related insights to help reduce public health risk and restore peace of mind.
We’re defining and leading an entirely new industry, obsessing over our customers, and investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 List for the second year in a row and winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, CLEAR is providing innovative technology options for businesses and our 5+ million members to help create a safer environment no matter where you go.
We are looking for a Head of Business Development to lead growth and expansion opportunities across our rapidly accelerating Sports * Entertainment business lines. Reporting into the SVP, GM of Sports & Entertainment, you will ensure the growth of CLEAR’s marketplace footprint by driving deal sourcing and negotiation across a wide range of industry use cases.
What You Will Do:
- Think creatively about ways to increase the company’s value to customers and partners; this will include leveraging the company’s platform to further embed into existing infrastructures
- Research new applications and create/execute a selling strategy for target markets.
- Take a hands-on and active leadership role in negotiating and closing deals with customers and partners.
- Work closely with the management team, and with customers and partners, to ensure that CLEAR delivers products and services which exceed expectations.
- Create and refine internal processes and metrics to scale technical business development organization.
- Deliver competitive intelligence, and monitor competitor moves and business trends. In partnership with the SVP, GM to monitor, forecast, and report on the business pipeline and on revenue, profit, and key metrics.
- Build out, develop, and lead a team of high performers
Who You Are:
- 10+ years experience in both enterprise and consumer-facing businesses, with outbound and inbound sales acumen
- An aggressive and tenacious approach to pursuing new markets, creating a sales pipeline, and delivering to exceed expectations
- An indefatigable leader with a firm belief in CLEAR’s position for growth and disruption, your strong sense of personal responsibility brings urgency and accountability to all that you undertake.
- Genuine comfort and effectiveness as both a manager and a doer; an intense focus on getting things done, and a willingness to be as hands on as required
- Willingness to travel as required (perhaps up to 50% of the time)