Manager, Sales Development (Public Sector) at Dataminr
--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first, we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding.
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 800+ talented people across eight offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Who you are:
You're an experienced manager, coach and leader at heart. You love building and enabling successful sales development teams through a clear vision, structure and strategy. You're known for being able to create a thriving, fun, and high-energy team culture based on a shared set of values and appropriately designed incentives. You’re someone who is drawn to service and is excited about working collaboratively across large Public Sector organizations.
You have experience leveraging data to improve SDR team strategy and productivity. You’re a hands-on manager who embraces getting on the phone and leading by example.
As our SDR Manager, you will help create strategic initiatives that drive outbound lead generation and inbound conversions for our growing sales organization, while mentoring team members and serving as a bridge between the Sales and Marketing departments. You will build and lead Dataminr’s SDR team across multiple markets within the U.S.
Sales at Dataminr:
In a fast-moving world, there's nothing more important than having real-time information at your fingertips to help you identify and mitigate risk, assess a crisis situation, and craft an effective response.
Being part of Sales at Dataminr means you'll have the opportunity to create a positive and meaningful impact for your clients. Here's what you can expect:
- A comprehensive sales training and methodology program to set you up for success
- Ongoing training and learning opportunities so you're always on top of the latest sales trends and best practices
- Exposure and access to sales leadership for guidance, mentorship, and learning opportunities
- A strong sales culture of individual goals within a tight-knit team environment where your whole self is accepted
- Train and mentor our Sales Development Representatives (SDRs) on existing outreach tactics, time management, objection handling, prospecting tactics, upselling and active listening skills
- Build efficient processes to identify and research lists of companies to target
- Drive operational excellence through constant process innovation and creative incentives
- Help identify career paths for SDRs to further their professional growth
- Nurture SDR talent to build a bench of prospective Account Executives
- Own and maintain ongoing analysis of inbound and outbound lead generation performance/efficacy
- Partner with Marketing, Sales Enablement and Sales Operations to leverage data and better inform SDR team strategy, including segmentation and personalized outreach to support company-wide marketing campaigns with consistent and efficient customer information exchange
- Partner with additional Sales leadership to strategize and optimize entire sales pipeline activity while working to improve the lead conversation hand off process to ensure optimal customer experience
- Embody Dataminr’s core values and act as a brand ambassador both internally and externally
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of progressive experience in B2B quota-bearing sales roles with a proven track record of sales success (open to B2C experience)
- 1-3 years of management experience in B2B Sales or Sales Development (open to B2C experience)
- Experience growing and scaling a successful Sales Development team
- Proven track record establishing, achieving or exceeding measurable goals
- Experience at a fast-growing company (preferred)
- Experience successfully working cross-functionally across multiple departments within a company (i.e. Marketing, Operations, etc)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Salesforce CRM
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Positive, enthusiastic team player
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave and 100% company paid parental leave
- in-office perks such as a kitchen stocked with snacks and beverages, and catered meals
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
For individuals applying for US-based roles:
Dataminr is requiring that all prospective employees hired for this position present proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
Dataminr is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a sincerely held religious belief, medical reasons, or other legally protected reasons, should contact their recruiting representative as soon as possible following any conditional offer of employment to explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations Dataminr is able to offer.
For individuals applying for Australian-based roles:
Dataminr requires (as a condition of employment) that the successful candidate for this position be fully vaccinated with a recognized and approved COVID-19 vaccine prior to commencing employment. The successful candidate will be required to present proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of employment.
Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a legally protected reason should contact their recruiting representative as soon as possible following any offer of employment to explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations Dataminr is able to offer.