Mandarin Speaking Client Protection Associate (Legal and Compliance) at AlphaSights
Mandarin Speaking Associate – Client Protection Team (New York to Shanghai)
AlphaSights provides global investment and business professionals with on-demand access to business expertise across all industries and geographies. Through AlphaSights, decision makers from investment management, private equity, management consulting, and corporates connect with a dynamic network of industry experts that provide qualitative and quantitative market insights, industry expertise, and execution support. Leveraging cutting-edge technology and our global team of 700+ professionals in nine offices on three continents, we support our clients 24/7 around the globe. AlphaSights regularly ranks as one of the fastest-growing companies in the world. Learn more at alphasights.com.
Client Protection is a dynamic and autonomous function designed to help our clients use our services and access knowledge safely. We have a wide remit and visibility, operating cross-functionally on a variety of levels within the business and with our clients. Client Protection Associates monitor client requests, develop and implement new policies, anticipate possible roadblocks, train our employees, and ensure that everyone plays by the rules.
We are seeking a Client Protection Associate fluent in Mandarin to begin with our New York Team for 6-12 months of immersive experience. The Associate would receive a crash course in the AlphaSights business, including significant training and professional development, before relocating to our growing Shanghai office. With support from the global team, this Associate would then have opportunity to build out our Client Protection Team in Shanghai. The ideal candidate is authorized to work in China. Individuals with OPT or CPT authorization for the U.S. are welcome to apply, as there will be a training stay in New York City.
This is an exciting opportunity for meticulous team players with a background in operations, law, or risk management looking to transition into a high-growth commercial environment.
Find out more by watching a video of our team: https://alphasights-1.wistia.com/medias/a8dtloswy8
You will be joining a global team at entry-level and you will work closely with our core service delivery teams to ensure our clients are always served to the highest standards. The role requires attention to detail, problem-solving skills, lots of responsibility, as well as constant communication.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Monitor active projects to flag and mitigate potential risks
- Provide guidance to delivery teams on the projects they are working on
- Communicate with delivery teams across the business to support their high delivery standards
- Design and implement global operational policies and processes that protect our clients
- Create and deliver tailored training to our delivery teams
- Work with the rest of your team on long-term projects to anticipate, develop and set industry standards in this rapidly growing industry.
What We Look For
To be successful in this role, you should display:
- Career maturity and alignment – clarity of direction, commitment to getting there and awareness of how Client Protection at AlphaSights fits with your journey
- Innate personal confidence – ability to thrive in a dynamic environment
- Rigorous attention to detail – ability to anticipate and proactively prevent risks
- People-oriented, emotionally intelligent team player – ability to de-escalate situations patiently and calmly, yet quickly and effectively
- Authority and poise – ability to present yourself with gravitas and manage relationships with junior and senior stakeholders within the business
- Strong communication skills – ability to communicate clearly and effectively both in writing and in person
- Bachelor's degree, demonstrating strong academic credentials in any field and noteworthy extracurricular leadership
- 0-2 years experience in related fields such as law, risk management, operations or compliance with related internship experience
- Fluency in English and Mandarin is essential
- Authorization to work in China. Individuals with OPT or CPT authorization for the U.S. are welcome to apply, as there will be a training stay in New York City