Redesign Health is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer – we recruit, train, compensate and promote our team members based on qualifications. We know how important it is not only to include, but to actively seek out a diversity of opinions and voices.
We want to hear from you regardless of your race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.About Redesign
Redesign Health is a healthcare innovation platform. We bring together entrepreneurs, industry experts, and investors to fund and launch companies that transform the healthcare system and empower people to live their healthiest lives. Our first companies include Lively, Ever/Body, Vault Health, Springtide, HealthQuarters, Calibrate, Proper, and stealth ventures in payment integrity, elder care, and complex care. We’re capitalized with permanent capital from world-class institutional investors and entrepreneurs.About the Job
Redesign Health is looking for a New Ventures Associate. Working with our Head of New Ventures, you will be involved in supporting Redesign’s ideation, research, prototyping, and capital markets processes. In this role, you will help diligence the next generation of great healthcare companies. Key components of the job will include industry research, competitive landscape mapping, financial analysis, and business planning. You will work closely with Redesign’s entire New Ventures team in addition to functional area teams across product, technology, marketing, finance, accounting, and legal as you evaluate new businesses. This position will report to the Head of New Ventures at our NYC headquarters.Responsibilities:
- Industry Research
- Explore and analyze markets and trends in the healthcare industry
- Perform competitive analyses and identify current best practices and market leaders
- Size existing and latent markets and identify trends and relative positioning
- Aid in the development of thematic research to focus new projects for the team
- Concept Development & Project Evaluation Support
- Work with the New Ventures team to develop comprehensive business plans for new ventures
- Aid in the development of economic models and key performance indicators
- Support the New Ventures and Finance & Strategy teams in the development of resources for recruiting and capital raising
- Collaborate in the development of initial financial forecasting and KPIs for the new venture
- 2-4 years of experience in a strategic operations, investing, research, investment banking, or consulting role
- Experience working cross-functionally
- Experience in financial and quantitative analysis
- Experience in business diligence, business plan creation, and business analysis
- Experience in healthcare preferred
- Meticulous attention to detail and organizational skills
- A bias toward informed action in situations with limited data
- Entrepreneurial drive, excellent communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, complex, and dynamic environment
- Adaptable individual contributor with an ability to wear multiple hats and context switch constantly
- High integrity team player with an ability to exhibit excellent judgment and composure in high-pressure situations
- Hands-on financial modeling skills (Excel/Google Spreadsheets) and presentation acumen (PowerPoint/Google Slides)
Redesign’s mission is to transform the healthcare system and empower people to live their healthiest lives by elevating patient experiences, increasing information transparency, and democratizing access to high quality healthcare.
Our vision is to connect extraordinary people and ideas with capital and resources to create better healthcare solutions.
At Redesign, we value achieving results thoughtfully, quickly, and compassionately. To give a sense of what our team is all about, these are the values that guide our work:
- Solve for impact: Healthcare is complex and opaque, but we’re positioned to meet the challenge. If not us, then who?
- Patients first: We are all consumers of healthcare. We create real solutions for real needs.
- Outcome over egos: Our work is bigger than us. What we’re building together is greater than the sum of the parts.
- Bias for action: We move fast, but we’re deliberate. We don’t delay success or failure.
- Continuous learning: We seek feedback early and often. Iteration and insight allow us to connect the dots and are key to our process.
- Practice good intent: We take our work seriously, but we’re never too busy to be kind.
- Competitive salary and equity compensation
- Comprehensive health and wellness benefits and perks
- Lunch & Learn sessions hosted by internal and external industry experts featuring topics ranging from “Qualities of a Strong Consumer Brand” to “Combating Unconscious Bias”
- Variety of functional, social, and community focused groups and meetups across the Redesign ecosystem and portfolio
- Annual learning stipend
- 16 week parental leave
- Fully stocked kitchen with plenty of coffee and tea, cold brew and iced tea on tap, a Bevi machine, and a variety of snacks
- Dog friendly office