YieldStreet is disrupting the trillion-dollar lending and investment industry. We recently raised $178m in financing from world-class venture capitalists to help us scale. Our investor demand is soaring, and our team is expected to double in size this year. Do you have what it takes to join a booming startup that is changing the investment industry?
YieldStreet is building the largest global digital wealth management platform to change the way wealth is created. With an investor-first approach, our investor community builds a diversified portfolio of investments outside of the stock market to generate passive income. YieldStreet is giving unprecedented access to asset classes such as Real Estate, Marine, Legal, Art & Commercial. We’re headquartered in New York City with offices in Brazil, Argentina, Malta and Greece.
We believe top notch technology and data can help us build the world’s most robust alternative investment platform and create financial independence for all. Join us!
About this role
YieldStreet is hiring an Originations Associate to lead our pipeline by identifying and pre-screening prospective Originators. In this role you will report to the MD of Origination and act as “top of funnel” by gathering due diligence on new Originators and maintaining relationships to ensure a steady deal flow. If you are looking to leverage your financial knowledge and business development experience in a mission driven fintech start-up, apply below!
What you’ll do
- Develop a lead pipeline by identifying and pre-screening prospective Originators
- Identify appropriate touch points and cold call prospective Originators
- Communicate the YieldStreet story and value proposition effectively
- Gather preliminary due diligence information on prospective Originators
- Develop and maintain relationships with Originators to ensure steady deal flow
- Act as the ‘top of the funnel’ to receive and review prospective transactions
- Liaise with the Analytics and Credit Teams as the main YieldStreet contact point for the Originator during Originator due diligence and initial transaction screening
- Maintain prospective Originator and deal information notes in Salesforce
- Prepare presentations and pitch-books for Originator client/prospect meetings
- Attend conferences and lead sales trips
- Support the MD of Origination and Investment team as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-3 years in an origination or business development role
- Experience in financial services, private client services, B2B value-added sales preferred
- Comfort with conducting cold outreach
- Proven track record of achieving and exceeding production goals and sales objectives
- Proven ability to generate new leads and partner with others
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organization and follow up skills
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous and fast paced startup environment
- Intellectual curiosity and a willingness to learn
- Exposure to financial sector preferred
- Communicates effectively
- Being resilient
- Drive for results
- Business Knowledge
What Makes You Successful
Own and Execute:
- Gets things done, with both a short and long-term view in mind
- Be able to thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment with exceptional organizational skills and the ability to re-prioritize on a consistent basis
- Exemplary planning and organizational skills, along with a high attention to detail
Decide with Data:
- Be pragmatic and outcome-oriented, leveraging data to make decisions
- Detect new or missed opportunities that will help YieldStreet grow and improve regularly
- Be able to package data so it can be easily digested, analyzed and reacted to
- Bring a focus of YieldStreet’s vision to your day to day tasks
- Bet on your strengths; allow these skills to be absorbed by leaders on your team to make an impact
- Be known for authenticity, honesty, and integrity
- Never take no for an answer, be able to dissect an issue and come up with creative solutions
- Ask questions. At YieldStreet we believe that progress stops when you stop asking questions
- Focus on team collaboration and communication
We offer an attractive market compensation and benefits package including a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity, stock option plan, health, dental & vision benefits, life insurance, 401(k) match, unlimited paid vacation, sabbatical and paid holidays and that's before you even step in the office!
This is an opportunity to work with a group of diverse, smart, and friendly people from 8 different countries who speak a total of 17 different languages. Our team is comprised of successful entrepreneurs with combined exits of over $1B, and we get social with each other during happy hours, exercise classes and team off sites in our work hard/play hard culture. We're located in a beautiful new office in Midtown, our building is close to most major subway lines.
*** Please, no solicitors or recruiters. We're saving our dollars to pay the right candidate!