Pre-Purchase Team Lead at Better
Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage creative technology and innovation to make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable. Here are some interesting facts to help you get to know Better:
- Right now we’re funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do. We are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We encourage individual potential rather than years of experience. We see the value in each person’s perspective, and recognize their talents, regardless of what the market says. We believe it’s important to nurture a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
The Pre-Purchase Team Lead is responsible overseeing designated aspects of the team. This individual is responsible for leading and focusing on the Pre-Purchase Conditions team, providing 1st level support and escalation management for the team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for overseeing day-to-day performance metrics and reporting to management
- Provide guidance, direction and support for the team.
- Level 1 escalation point for Investor conditions
- Assist team with day-to-day functions based on workload and task allocation.
- Allocate workload to team based on individuals’ expertise and work volume.
- Provide operational supervision that encourages superior customer service for our internal and external customers.
- Provide cross functional training and support to the team or individuals as needed in the Pre-Purchase Closing department.
- Act as primary contact for all internal and external users regarding loan level functions
- Monitor daily capacity and proactively report to manager as needed when capacity is under or over.
- 3+ years of mortgage experience, preferably in Post Closing
- 1-3 years of leadership experience.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members and external partners.
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Forward-looking thinker who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
Post Closing is a dynamic, multi-functional team that plays an essential role in the Mortgage process. As part of our back-office support, we perform several key functions to facilitate the purchase of loan files, after closing, to our Investor partners on the Secondary market.
We strive to ensure all loan documentation is complete and in compliance with State, Federal and Agency guidelines.
We are a growing team, committed to:
- Supporting Better in meeting corporate and departmental goals
- Producing a high level of service to our customers both internally and externally
- Encouraging growth and development within our teams
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Our total rewards package consists of base salary, equity, benefits, and opportunity for yearly cash bonus. Some of our benefits include:
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits. Think medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more.
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust wellbeing offerings that allow you unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more.
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service.
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to [email protected]. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.