Regional Director, Intermediary Sales at Cadre
Cadre is building a technology-driven investment platform for commercial real estate, opening up access to a 16 trillion dollar asset class favored by private equity firms, hedge funds, and institutional investors. Our platform connects qualified individuals and institutions to fully vetted, compelling real estate investment opportunities. We combine our institutional experience with differentiated technology in order to empower our investors through direct access, lower fees, and greater transparency. Our mission is to provide superior access and insight to the universe of alternative investments.
Cadre is looking for a Regional Director of Intermediary Sales to drive business growth and advance our innovative and disruptive real estate investing platform by strategically partnering with and managing client relationships within the wealth management channel. You will focus on growth, scale and profitability within your Eastern US region, while serving as a liaison between clients and our internal partners to deliver unparalleled service and experiences. You will be responsible for increasing awareness, engagement and conversion of investors across our intermediary segment. In addition, to drive profitability within this important channel of business, you will be responsible for understanding the commercial business in depth, analyzing business performance through key metrics, and recommending strategic priorities to grow our client base. Reporting directly to the Head of Sales, you will partner with investments, marketing and technology teams to develop and grow our client base while enhancing client experiences.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Develop a strategic sales plan to prospect, grow and drive conversion of wealth management clients by building strong relationships with existing clients and by continuously creating and maintaining a targeted, active pipeline of prospects.
- Strengthen and support Cadre’s client relationships, while also developing a qualified pipeline to grow investor base (tactics include outreach via phone/other channels)
- Raise awareness and drive acceptance of alternative investing solutions that will help clients achieve their goals.
- Effectively represent our investments and services to prospects and current clients in prospect/client meetings, at industry conferences and via written and verbal communications/presentations.
- Identify and attend industry events to generate investor leads and reinforce Cadre brand.
- Identifying at-risk clients and proactively supporting relationships.
- Develop and implement business plans to meet or exceed regional growth targets.
- Use expertise of the market and competitive environment to help position Cadre’s value proposition and innovative investing model appropriately.
- Continuously maintain and build an intimate level of knowledge of different investor types and what motivates them.
- Continue to learn and understand the implications and impact of news events and economic forces on the industry and the asset class.
- Provide leadership and guidance to extended internal team members to achieve the highest levels of performance in new business development.
- Responsible for implementation and proper use of marketing and communication materials.
- Clearly articulate Cadre’s distinguishing characteristics, competitive and sustainable advantage, investment philosophy and investment process.
- Contribute to ongoing production and refinement of communications content.
- Socialize client insights across Cadre to cultivate strong partnerships and promote product enhancements that incorporate client feedback. Liaise with the business, including the Technology Team, to reflect investor feedback/sentiment within the platform.
WHAT YOU HAVE
- 5-10 years of related experience in wealth management, financial sales or services in alternative investments, preferably real estate; experience working with sophisticated advisor clients within an investment management or asset management firm is a plus.
- Deep technical understanding of commercial real estate and common investment strategies within the asset class is a must; experience across multifamily, office and industrial is preferable.
- Track record of closing clients into illiquid alternative investment or real estate products.
- Existing book of business you believe is portable to Cadre, particularly in the RIA, MFO or SFO space.
- Series 7 and 63 licenses (or will be required to obtain within the first 90 days of employment).
- Active CAIA, CFA, or CIMA credentials.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Articulate with strong, clear and concise public speaking skills. Proven experience and ability to persuade and influence.
- Interpersonal skills that encourage openness and trust both internally and externally. Demonstrated success in cultivating strong internal and external relationships and collaborating cross-functionally within a high-growth environment and with teams distributed in multiple geographic locations.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, and work well against demanding deadlines.
- High on integrity, grit, growth mindset, and compassion.
- Strong customer orientation, empathy for your target client and your co-workers, collaborative sales approach.
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM system.
- High willingness to travel.