Retail Pre-Sales Consultant
Join a team that’s reinventing the path to retail excellence!
It's exciting to work in a startup that’s fundamentally disrupting how companies run in-store Sales and Marketing operations. At Simplifield we empower some of the world’s largest Brands to achieve consistent customer experience across their stores, leveraging our mobile-first solution for Field teams.
Our product is great. Our market is huge. We’re looking for bright, ambitious professionals who can come in, learn fast, grow quickly, and drive results.
As a Simplifield Presales Consultant you will be a key team member supporting the Sales team in positioning, selling and implementing our full portfolio of solutions. We are looking for motivated candidates comfortable with a fast-paced environment, to join our extremely talented and collaborative Sales team. Under the direction of Sales, you will use your previous experience and skills to create deliverables, support the sales cycle, and implement solutions for our current and prospective customers.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Work closely with new and existing customers to drive detailed discovery utilizing the Simplifield suite of software to solve business challenges.
- Engage with the customer to plan, design and execute Proof of Concepts, deployment approaches and solution implementations that drive user adoption.
- Develop and deliver training plans and sessions to support deployment and adoption of solutions for Customers.
- Research competition to develop an understanding of the current & future market, product and competitor landscape, and applicability of the technology to business use case scenarios.
- Generate Draft Proposals and respond to Request for Proposals as needed.
- Develop SOWs and Order Forms.
- Create Draft Budgetary Deployment Pricing Estimates.
- Deliver presentations and product demonstrations to customers and at other field events such as conferences, seminars, etc.
- Collaborate with Product Managers to provide feedback from clients about product requirements, and ideas to help innovate or stay ahead of the market.
- Maintain accurate and timely customer/prospect, pipeline, and service forecast data in Salesforce.com
- Proven ability to thrive and excel in a lean, fast-paced, dynamic environment with high performance expectations.
- Ability to understand and effectively explain the benefits of a Software as a Services (SaaS) architecture.
- Experience formulating, estimating and implementing application solutions in the Retail store, merchandising and marketing space.
- Business analysis and implementation skills with products such as salesforce.com.
- Strong communication skills, written & verbal.
- Great presentation skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills including an ability to think ‘on your feet’ when faced with challenging questions in the sales environment.
- Knowledge of vendors, products, and services in the Retail Execution application space.
- Understands sales cycle concepts.
- Self-starter attitude with the ability to multi-task.
- Experience managing the proposal process including responding to RFI’s/RFP’s a plus.
- A Bachelor's degree is required.
- 3-5+ years’ consulting or similar experience with software offerings is a must.
- Demonstrated success in pre-sales/consulting role preferred.
- Experience in the Retail industry or consulting to the Retail industry required.
- Project management and technical writing experience.
- Experience using or implementing salesforce.com or Retail SaaS solutions a plus.
- Able to Travel as needed (up to 50% or more at peaks) mostly within the US.
- Resides in New York City area