As the global leader in Content Intelligence, Knotch’s mission is to empower brands to unlock the true value of their content by using data-driven strategies. With the Knotch Content Intelligence Platform, companies conduct competitive research and measure the performance of their content in real-time. Through our unique ability to provide a 360-degree view of all your content, including paid and owned, Knotch allows companies to connect content to business outcomes to enhance brand, increase ROI and build audiences.
We’re proud of our team
We’ve been building our products since 2013, and our team has grown in size and in spirit. We’ve been humbly recognized in the top 12% of fastest growing companies in America by Inc! Since the Covid-19 pandemic we’ve become remote-first, and we plan to stay that way. We know that a flexible environment leads to a happy team as we’ve again been named a Best Place to Work four years running by Built In NYC and a NYC company with Best Perks + Benefits in 2021! If you’d like to speak with our recruiting team about the future of Knotch, feel free to connect with us on LinkedIn and learn about us further on our careers site.
The Sales Development Representative
As a Sales Development Representative at Knotch, your primary responsibility will be to turn leads into qualified prospect meetings. You will partner with sales and marketing to create and execute on lead generation campaigns (inbound and outbound) and develop tight relationships with the Account Executives on your team. This role requires the use of multiple prospecting mediums - outbound phone calling, emailing, and LinkedIn - all of which are supported by our sales technology stack. You will be expected to document all of your activity in Salesforce.com. This position is a great opportunity to join a growing team and either further your career as a Sales Development Representative or provide you with a path to being a quota-carrying seller.
How you’ll add value at Knotch
- Developing opportunities for the sales team via outbound prospecting and marketing generated leads
- Researching potential customers and identifying contacts against Knotch’s Ideal Customer Profile and personas to gain a deep understanding of their content marketing strategy and pain points
- Developing and implementing your own creative prospecting strategy that incorporates the value for the customer in your approach and messaging
- Learning Knotch’s product offerings, including our value proposition and how to overcome objections
- Maintaining accurate Salesforce.com records
- Supporting company-wide PR, marketing, and event initiatives
- Collaborating with your team of Account Executives and other SDRs to drive results
You’ll be successful here if you
- Bring a track record of your sales development success including exceeding your assigned quota
- Display strong communication skills whether written, verbal, or via social media
- Embody an agile work ethic. Things change often, and your relentless adaptability will help you navigate through it all
- Feel a desire to build, grow, and evolve with a startup
- Thoroughly enjoy problem-solving independently and with your team members
- Are self-motivated with a high degree of intellectual curiosity
- Are open to feedback and coaching from your peers and mentors
- Are highly competitive but don’t let ego drive your decisions or interactions with others
We also appreciate (but don’t require)
- Familiarity with the Salesforce.com product and a sales engagement product such as Salesloft or Outreach
Knotch is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to provide equal opportunities in all of our processes, including our hiring and employee experience.
We pride ourselves on our three values: transparency, relentlessness, and inclusiveness.
We commit to daily work towards leading with empathy, reducing bias through periodic training, and engaging with and uplifting communities of marginalized groups.
We condemn all forms of racism and discrimination on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy or parenthood status, veteran status, disability status or any other identifier.
We encourage all employees, clients, investors, candidates, vendors, and friends of Knotch to deliver honest feedback directly or anonymously so that we may always seek to improve as an organization that is dedicated to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging.
Share your thoughts with us, and you will be heard.