Senior Account Executive, Large Customer Sales at Foursquare
Foursquare is the leading independent location technology company, powered by our deep understanding of how people move throughout the world. Our solutions help businesses make smarter decisions, developers create more engaging experiences, and brands build more effective marketing strategies.
Foursquare’s platform includes Attribution, Audience, Proximity, Places, Pilgrim SDK and Visits. As the industry’s first and only accredited company for location data from the Media Rating Council (MRC), this foundation powers all our solutions — those that exist today and those we have yet to build. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map and models fresh and up-to-date, building a phone’s-eye-view of the world with 105 million unique places of interest worldwide.
About the Team:
Foursquare’s Marketer Business Sales Teams are responsible for driving revenue across the location based Marketing Product Suite Portfolio including Attribution, Audiences, Proximity and Visits for Marketing Use Cases.
The Large Customer Sales team leads strategic partnerships for our top high value, multi-product brands and agency partners. We work with brands to guide insights driven, integrated marketing and digital solutions to drive better business outcomes for our clients leveraging Foursquare's location based marketing products.
About the role:
In the role of Senior Account Executive – Large Customer Sales, you will act as a strategic partner to your assigned advertisers and use your strategic thinking, relationship building and strong communication skills to identify, develop and scale multi product partnerships with high value clients to ensure that their business goals are met. Partnering with internal, cross functional teams successfully to deliver results for your advertising customers is required.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Nurture and continue to establish partnerships that drive significant contributions to Foursquare's revenue with high value clients and applicable agencies
- Analyze data, trends, and client performance to develop solid strategic account plans and execute against them with both strategic and tactical initiatives
- Demonstrate and deliver business impact of location data for a marketer’s business; from insights, activation and measurement to expand use cases throughout partnership
- Cultivate and grow relationships with each role working on key accounts; from planning, activation, marketing science, analytics roles to C-level and senior executives at direct advertisers and agencies
- Educate the market on Foursquare’s advertising solutions. Contribute strategically to the growth and direction of Foursquare’s products and services through the voice of the top customers.
- Develop strong relationships across the Foursquare organization, including the sales, CS, business, legal, product, marketing and engineering organizations
- Represent Foursquare as a spokesperson and evangelist at industry events
- Report on business figures internally and take ownership as the leader of your High Value Strategic Accounts.
- Serve as a liaison with clients regarding new product launches and advertising opportunities.
- Provide campaign updates and ensure that our advertisers are satisfied with their ROI.
- You are an experienced sales leader with 4+ years experience selling in the digital media, data, attribution space
- Experience with direct advertiser sales, including structuring, negotiations and management of strategic, large partnerships with clients and agencies
- Demonstrated ability to perform well in a highly dynamic, rapidly changing environment
- Able to develop comprehensive forward looking plans and execute against them with both strategic and tactical initiatives
- Excellent creative thinking, verbal, written communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated success in a goal oriented, highly accountable sales environment.
- Strong work ethic with excellent organizational, project/time management, and analytical skills
- Strong storytelling abilities, with focus on data and insights
- Has a network of contacts throughout the industry
- An entrepreneurial approach to business
- Understand user behavior and how technology works and the ability to explain each in ordinary terms
- Ability to interact with a broad set of businesses and work with both agency and client direct
- Proven experience in successfully working with Client Success, Sales Ops, Product, Engineering and Marketing groups
- Team player with a positive and dynamic personality
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.