Want to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth? Financial inequality is increasing, and too many people are getting left behind. At Stash, we are passionate about democratizing wealth creation through education, advice, and products that help customers achieve greater financial freedom.
The Account Services Operations Senior Associate will be a crucial addition to our Operations team and will be responsible for daily support of customer onboarding, Tax, Retirements, ACH, and Customer Service support activities. If you have a passion for Operations with a desire to join a startup and make a huge impact from day 1 -- Stash is looking for you!
What you’ll do:
- Ensure due diligence is performed to comply with “Know Your Customer” regulations
- Maintain experience and good understanding of Tax and Retirement general industry practices for retail customers
- Develop expertise in the Firm’s Anti Money Laundering, Customer Identification, ACH, and due diligence policies
- Approve the opening of new accounts through the deployment of rules based models as well as manual reviews
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders and work with third-party vendors to manage and maintain requirements and algorithmic models
- Ability to adapt to continued changing regulatory requirements
- Contribute to process improvement efficiencies
- Timely and effective escalation of potential issues and devising possible resolutions
- Assist with reporting and monitoring to identify issues implement efficiencies
- Participate in project work, including needs assessment, to build out and scale operational and technology platforms, including QA cycles
What we’re looking for:
- 1-3 years of brokerage/banking operations experience
- Technology-driven with a focus on the application of operational procedures and automation
- Understanding of FINRA and SEC Regulatory framework
- Self-motivated and proactive team player who takes ownership and accountability
- Advanced skills in MS Excel/Google Docs
- Intermediate skills in SQL and VBA/Macros a plus
- Knowledge of JIRA and Zendesk preferred
- FINRA Series 99 preferred, but not required (Willing to obtain within 1 year of employment)
- Interest in fintech, startups, or high growth organization
At Stash it is our mission to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth. That includes people of all races, genders, and abilities, so it is important to us to acknowledge and address the issues of inequality in financial services head on.
Diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products. Our success is directly related to our employees and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.
If you require any reasonable accommodations to make your application process more accessible please reach out to [email protected].
Invest in Yourself:
- Equity & Stash Accounts [Invest, Retire, Custodial, Bank]
- Flexible PTO
- Learning & Development Fund
- Work from Home Stipends
- Parental Leave [Primary & Secondary]
- BuiltIn’s Best Places to Work (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Forbes Fintech 50 (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Best Digital Bank, Finovate Awards (2020)
- Tearsheet Challenge Awards, Best Banking Card Product - Stock-Back® Card, 2020
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019 & 2020)
**No recruiters, please**
This position may be performed remotely anywhere within the United States except the State of Colorado.