Solutions Architect at Hyperscience
As a Solutions Architect You Will Be:
- The technical point of contact for the Customer Experience team when deep technical questions or issues arise from installing or using our product.
- Creatively troubleshooting and solving problems given details from customers even when the initial answer is unclear.
- Managing around-the-world engineering resources to diagnose and fix high priority escalations across multiple time zones and locations, facilitating information flow between the Customer Experience team and engineering as necessary.
- Participating in customer calls which require more technical expertise.
- Involved in architecture discussions and decisions when implementing new product features.
- Leveraging your systems knowledge to deliver fast and scalable software, starting from the design of the system through development and extension.
- Helping improve our code quality by writing unit tests and performing thorough code reviews.
- Designing easy-to-use programmer interfaces and tools that will be leveraged by other developers, including APIs for our clients' developers.
- Degree in Computer Science or related engineering field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in building web-scale and/or enterprise-grade systems in different environments.
- Strong ability to reason about data structures, complexity, and possible engineering approaches to a problem.
- Experience with Python / Django is preferred, but experience with any mainstream language and framework is required.
- Experience with distributed systems is a huge plus.
- Experience with database systems, including SQL and/or NoSQL solutions is required.
- Strong background in data science and mathematics is a plus.
- Experience with customer service is a plus.
- Experience with version control systems, preferably Git.
- Experience troubleshooting remote systems in a customer-owned environment with limited access is a huge plus.
What You Will Achieve:
- Within your first 30 days:
- You will get acquainted and eventually be fully comfortable navigating the full codebase, the technology stack, the development processes and org structure within the company.
- You will learn the product and will make your first significant, user-impacting contributions to one of our products.
- You will get to know our ML domain, codebase, and practical applications.
- You will begin to troubleshoot customer escalations as they arise.
- Within your first quarter and beyond:
- You will be an integral part of the team and a driven, focused self-starter who can navigate a certain amount of ambiguity, and who is not afraid to take a sizable chunk of functionality, analyze it, break it down, implement it and then assume ownership and responsibility over it.
- You will be taking an active role in discussions about possible solutions, different approaches, API designs and more.
- You will decide when to bring in additional engineering help as necessary to handle escalations as necessary and help facilitate information flow between CX and engineering.
- You will contribute to shaping the way customer issues and requests are handled within Hyperscience.
Benefits & Perks
- Top notch healthcare for you and your family
- 30 days of paid leave annually to help nurture work-life symbiosis
- A 100% 401(k) match for up to 6% of your annual salary
- Stock Options
- Paid gym membership
- Pre-tax transportation and commuter benefits
- 6 month parental leave (or double salary to pay for your partner's unpaid leave)
- Free travel for any person accompanying a breastfeeding mother and her baby on a business trip
- A child care and education stipend up to $3,000 per month, per child, under the age of 21 for a maximum of $6,000 per month total
- Daily catered lunch, snacks, and drinks
- Budget to attend conferences, train, and further your education
- Relocation assistance