Drive growth and adoption. Retain and upsell clients. Partner strategically.
The Role You’ll Play:
CB Insights is seeking a Strategic Account Manager to cultivate and grow our existing enterprise client base. In this role you will identify new opportunities while maximizing customer benefit and adoption of our software platform. The Strategic Account Manager acts as the CEO of our customers, coordinating internal resources to maximize customer outcomes. They will be responsible for fostering long-term relationships, procuring subscription renewals, and growing account revenue through cross and upsell opportunities.
About the Customer Success team:
Working on our team is unique mostly because of our amazing clients, the problems we are helping them solve, and our team's diversity.
Every day our team speaks with the best and brightest people at Fortune 500 companies. Our clients are looking to us to help them solve interesting challenges on how some of the largest organizations in the world are adapting to emerging tech trends. Being a part of the CBI Customer Success team means being a part of that equation.
The uniqueness of the CS Team is driven by our group's diversity. You can look around and you'll find very few people with similar backgrounds. We each bring our own story which creates a very special environment for creativity, fun, strategy, and success.
Your Main Tasks:
- Partner with Strategic Account Executives to design, orchestrate, and execute highly-effective outreach campaigns to potential new clients (covering warm and cold relationships)
- Collaborate with team members to win deals through effective team-selling
- Use Salesforce CRM to ensure knowledge transfer regarding account development, outreach progress, and opportunity pursuit
- Work on key projects that increase our effectiveness within account management and business development (e.g. map competitors, develop new outreach capabilities, capture market trends).
- Create and cultivate deep and meaningful relationships with our top customers and build their loyalty and adoption towards CBI
- Owning, and being the primary point of contact for customers
- Maximize revenue with customers by identifying needs and customer pain points
- Leverage analytical skills and experience to assess business opportunities
- Liaise between the customer and internal teams
- Serve as a trusted advisor to our customers, educating them on the value of CB Insights’s platform and services
- Continuously identify creative strategies to engage customers and generate incremental revenue
- Evangelize CB Insights, tailoring its presentation to the needs of different customer types
- Partner cross-functionally with our Intelligence Unit, Product, and Business Development teams to optimize customer experience and business outcomes
What you bring to the table:
- B.S. or B.A. in business management, finance, economics or similar study. MBA preferred.
- Validated results in prior role.
- At least 4+ years of prior strategic account management and/or customer success experience, preferably within enterprise software or SaaS.
- Expertise with Excel and CRMs, preferably Salesforce and proficiency communicating data from those tools.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
- 4H's: Happy, Helpful, Humble and Hungry
What’s CB Insights All About:
The CB Insights platform is the smartest way to explore and exploit emerging technologies. We help the world’s leading companies accelerate their digital strategy and transformation with data, not opinion. Our Emerging Technology Insights Platform fuses machine and human intelligence to help you discover and manage your response to emerging technology startups and markets.
You’ll be successful here if you have:
- Real passion for serving customers.
- The ability to establish credibility with key customer decision makers & influencers.
- Strong verbal/written communication & presentation skills; extraordinary listening skills.
- Strong problem solving & analytical skills; formulates solutions that deliver real business value.
- Ability to recognize and maximize new business opportunities.
- Comfort with negotiation.
- Multi tasking down to a science; handling multiple accounts & assignments simultaneously.
- A commitment to exceed goals that is internal, constant & self-imposed.
- Amazing culture: Happy, Helpful, Humble, Hungry. Learn more here
- A newsletter that 600k people follow: Sign up here.
- Be Healthy: Health with HSA and FSA options, dental, and vision insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day policy
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Rest and Relax: Competitive vacation and holiday plans
- Refuel: Daily lunch stipend, unlimited snacks/coffee
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.If you know someone who'd be perfect for the role, submit here and you'll be eligible for $2,500!#LI-CI1