Our mission at Rhino is to give renters everywhere greater financial freedom to plan and enjoy their lives.
Our first product eliminates cash security deposits and puts more money back in renters’ pockets. With over $45 billion tied up in security deposits for 110 million renters in the United States alone, it’s time for security deposits to officially become a thing of the past. Tying up money at one of life’s biggest and most expensive moments just isn’t fair.
So we threw out the antiquated “way of doing things” and built a technology-driven insurance product to help bring renting into the 21st century. With Rhino, millions of renters across the country now have the opportunity to save with our award-winning deposit insurance. We’ve already saved hundreds of millions of dollars for renters and are trusted in over 1 million homes nationwide, and most importantly, we’re just getting started...
With a small and growing Talent Acquisition team already in place, and even some best practices already in use, the incoming Director of Talent (recruiting) will bring strategic leadership, refinement and scalability to the operations of the best in class recruiting team. In this newly created role, you will work cross functionally with our senior leaders, department heads, and hiring managers at all levels. You will have the unique opportunity to build and scale a high performing, operationally driven, and diverse team. This role will report to the VP of People Operations. This role is a remote position.
In this role you will:
- Build, scale, and lead a best in class talent acquisition and talent operations function; supplement internal resources with external support as needed
- Ensure our ability to identify, attract and recruit the very best, most qualified candidates for every single role; do so in line with company goals, including hiring plans and DEI goals
- Support hiring as needed, including senior and executive searches, partnering with potential talent partners, managing the end-to-end candidate experience, from initial outreach to offer
- Play an integral role in headcount planning, reporting and overall talent operations
- Design, build and continually improve Rhino’s recruiting approach, from sourcing to offer acceptance
- Select, maintain and improve technology platforms and partnerships to increase efficiency at every stage
- Partner with People Operations on internal talent mapping, new hire performance calibrations
- Experienced in compensation and equity benchmarking; having a clear understanding of equitable compensation practices
- Develop and leverage appropriate metrics to inform recruiting decisions and drive performance
- Build the recruiting function with a strong bias toward scalability, allowing us to ramp up open roles
- Serve as the “in-house go-to person” for all hiring guidance and input
We’re ideally looking for:
- At least 5+ years of recruiting experience; 3+ managing a high performing recruiting team at high-growth start-up a plus
- Experience and expertise in diversity, equity and inclusion best practices as it relates to talent acquisition and performance
- Hands on recruitment experience, ideally in growth stage and later stage technology companies
- Strong management experience and a successful track record of building, inspiring and managing a recruiting team
- Deep understanding and ability to use data to drive performance, find efficiencies and diagnose issues within the recruiting process
- Strategic thinking with the ability to execute on assignments and make decisions independently with limited information
- Demonstrated track record of building out talent operations and employee branding programs
- Ability to lead in a fast paced and distributed environment and have a flexible approach
- Strong communicator, collaborative mentality, and natural influencing skills
- Strategic thinker with the ability to understand how different businesses/models work and why and how the talent function can impact those outcomes
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Unlimited PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in Rhino’s success
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Remote Work Program to allow for flexibility between home and the office
- Generous Parental Leave to create a family-friendly culture
- Wellness Perks (Gym, Classpass, & Citibike Memberships)
- Commuter Benefits through a Flexible Spending Account
- Fintech Equality Coalition Founding member
Rhino is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees, and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rhino are without regard to race, color, age, religion or belief, sexual orientation, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rhino has a zero-tolerance policy against discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This includes recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.