Human Resources Business Partner at Rhino
Please note: All roles at Rhino are remote, and there will be no future in-office mandate.
Our mission is to give renters everywhere greater financial freedom to plan and enjoy their lives.
Our first product eliminates cash security deposits and puts more money back in renters’ pockets. With over $45 billion tied up in security deposits for 110 million renters in the United States alone, it’s time for security deposits to officially become a thing of the past. Tying up money at one of life’s biggest and most expensive moments just isn’t fair.
So we threw out the antiquated “way of doing things” and built a technology-driven insurance product to help bring renting into the 21st century. With Rhino, millions of renters across the country now have the opportunity to save with our award-winning deposit insurance. We’ve already saved hundreds of millions of dollars for renters and are trusted in over 1 million homes nationwide, and most importantly, we’re just getting started...
Rhino is looking for an experienced HRBP to join our growing People Operations team (currently seven folks across Talent and HR) as we shift to a structured HRBP team framework. This role reports into the Director of People Operations.In this role you will:
- Build strong relationships across the organization, specifically within the functions you support and senior leadership
- Act as a resource and trusted confidante to managers and employees, setting our team up for success
- Play an important role with onboarding new folks to the organization, setting up a strong partnership from Day 1
- Identify training needs across specified functions
- Collaborate on end-to-end implementation, guidance and interpretation of HR policies and guidelines that meet the needs of our growing team
- Collect and analyze trends and metrics with our larger HR team to develop solutions, programs, policies that align to our business needs and goals
- Collaborate with the larger People Ops team regarding employee engagement (eg. engagement survey, retention strategies)
- 4+ years experience in People Operations, HRBP (preferred), operations, or generalist role
- Bachelor’s degree is a plus
- Values a culture that is focused on Diversity, Equity & Belonging and wants to be an active participant in fostering this environment and pushing forward on initiatives at Rhino
- A blend of early startup and later-stage experience (>100 FTEs) preferred
- Experience working within a larger People Operations team
- Data driven, metrics & detail oriented
- Must be able to hold personal and benefits information strictly confidential
- People first mentality, and employee champion
- An emotionally-intelligent and authentic communicator
- Comfortable with ambiguity and shifting priorities to constantly meet the needs of our growing team
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Unlimited PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in Rhino’s success
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Remote Work Program to allow for flexibility between home and the office
- Generous Parental Leave to create a family-friendly culture
- Wellness Perks (Gym, Classpass, & Citibike Memberships)
- Commuter Benefits through a Flexible Spending Account
- Fintech Equality Coalition Founding member
Rhino is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees, and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rhino are without regard to race, color, age, religion or belief, sexual orientation, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rhino has a zero-tolerance policy against discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This includes recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.