Our mission is to give renters everywhere greater financial freedom to plan and enjoy their lives.
Our first product eliminates cash security deposits and puts more money back in renters’ pockets. With over $45 billion tied up in security deposits for 110 million renters in the United States alone, it’s time for security deposits to officially become a thing of the past. Tying up money at one of life’s biggest and most expensive moments just isn’t fair.
So we threw out the antiquated “way of doing things” and built a technology-driven insurance product to help bring renting into the 21st century. With Rhino, millions of renters across the country now have the opportunity to save with our award-winning deposit insurance. We’ve already saved hundreds of millions of dollars for renters and are trusted in over 1 million homes nationwide, and most importantly, we’re just getting started...
As Rhino’s Vice President of People, you’ll design and build the systems that will keep us agile and collaborative as we scale. You'll apply a forward-thinking approach to make people programs a competitive differentiator: to attract and retain the brightest and most thoughtful team around.
In this role you will:
- Build and drive scalable solutions around making our leaders better managers, growing our team’s capabilities, and driving employee retention
- Use people-related data to drive better decision making and develop key metrics to measure employee happiness, performance, engagement, and retention
- Lead our recruiting process and work cross-functionally with talent, internal teams, and external recruiters to advertise vacancies and manage our candidate pipeline.
- Create an incredible employee experience from onboarding to ongoing development to alumni engagement
- An entrepreneurial mind with agility. We’re a young company, and things get chaotic. This should excite you, not frustrate you.
- Gritty with a willingness and excitement to be involved at the ground level
- Understanding of how to build something from scratch
- Familiar with modern best practices in technology and HR tech stack
- Strong analytically
- 10+ years of people leadership experience
- Served as a key member of executive leadership team and expert advisor on talent and culture matters with experience rapidly scaling startups from 200 FTEs to over 500+ FTEs
- Built and mentored a diverse high performing People team of 10-15+ FTEs with strong leadership traits and willingness to be hands on when appropriate
- Have created a robust People roadmap and strategy in line with objectives, vision and strategy and drives a positive employee experience
- Provide insights and implement best practices for our Talent Acquisition team, partner with the team to build out the recruiting plan, the strategies to source the best talent and build out our employer brand
- Growth-stage startup experience preferred
- Track record of strong relationships with Finance & Legal teams
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Unlimited PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in Rhino’s success
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Remote Work Program to allow for flexibility between home and the office
- Generous Parental Leave to create a family-friendly culture
- Wellness Perks (Gym, Classpass, & Citibike Memberships)
- Commuter Benefits through a Flexible Spending Account
- Fintech Equality Coalition Founding member