Business Development Representative at RippleMatch
Working at RippleMatch:
At RippleMatch, we help entry-level candidates find high skill jobs. Figuring out where to begin a career is a huge decision, but students are often forced to rely on overstretched career services centers and small personal networks when they begin their job search. We have built the first product ever to automate early career recruiting and career coaching. Our software helps companies build diverse and high-quality teams and helps candidates find the right opportunity. Since launching RippleMatch from our college dorm room, we have taken off on college campuses, raised over $10 million in venture funding, and brought on some of the most exciting companies in the country as customers. Our tight-knit team works hard, celebrates wins, and cares deeply about changing the way finding a job works.
We are hiring a Business Development Representative (BDR) to set up meetings with target customers and help our account executives win new business. Core components of your job would include conducting market research to figure out the best way to win new accounts, setting up meetings with high-value leads, figuring out how we can add the most value for each opportunity, and collaborating with the broader sales team. Our BDR role is the jumping off point for a career at RippleMatch, and success in this position will serve as the basis for progression into more senior roles within the company.
A Business Development Representative is:
- Listens carefully and intuitively understands the needs of potential customers
- Loves people and thrives at articulating ideas and building relationships quickly
- Hates to lose and prides themselves on succeeding in everything they do
- Communicates well, whether using phone, LinkedIn or email
- Constantly seeks to improve and welcomes coaching and feedback
- Radiates optimism and bounces back from setbacks
- Wants to make the world a better place and cares about connecting candidates with the right job
- Very strong written communication skills
- The ability to prioritize and stay organized
- History of balancing multiple moving pieces and following through on commitments
- Ability to relate to people and form strong relationships
Culture & Perks:
At RippleMatch, we understand that our success stems from the people we have on board, which is why we invest heavily in our team’s well-being and growth. We offer a full slate of perks including equity, a dog friendly office, paid vacation, discounted gym memberships, a pre-tax commuter program, discounted Citi Bike memberships and comprehensive healthcare benefits. We work hard to foster a culture of constant self-improvement, true ownership, and positivity. At our core, we are a tight-knit team that works hard, celebrates wins, and cares deeply about changing the way finding a job works. We are going to fundamentally transform the hiring landscape and won’t settle for anything less.
Our office is conveniently located near Union Square in Manhattan, NYC.
RippleMatch is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.