Director of Sales Development at Yotpo
Yotpo is seeking a Director of Sales Development who will be responsible for hiring, on-boarding, training and leading a team of Managers and Sales Development Representatives based in New York City. Our Sales Development team has been core to the foundation of our growth engine for over 4 years. Now, in this new role, our Director of Sales Development will craft and implement further improved developmental and organizational strategies allowing for the professional development of current and future SDRs. To do so, you will work cross functionally with sales and marketing leadership. You will lead through a data-driven approach combined with genuine empathy, encouraging a strong and principled culture by example.
The SDR team at Yotpo is responsible for active engagement with top-tier prospects through unique, persistent and customized outreach. You will lead the development, management and training of SDRs around sales best-practices, creative follow-up communications and effective prospecting. Through your hands-on mentorship of the team, you will enable them to successfully advance into full closing positions.
You've likely seen us when you shop online, but you might not even know it. Yotpo is the leading eCommerce marketing platform, helping thousands of forward-thinking brands like Rebecca Minkoff, MVMT, Pura Vida, and Steve Madden accelerate growth. We’re a Series D, Forbes Cloud 100 company with offices in New York, London, Boston, and Tel Aviv.
- Develop a strong plan to hire, onboard, and ramp top talent that will ultimately feed the growth of Yotpo’s Account Executive team. Experience outlining a detailed ramp period, identifying core competencies to hire for, and developing career progression programs is a plus.
- Assume responsibility of a team of both tenured and ramping Sales Development Representatives whom you will continue to develop and grow.
- Work closely with the Head of Talent Acquisition to develop an ever-evolving plan to attract early career and entry level talent to join Yotpo, while personally contributing to a pipeline of potential hires.
- Structure weekly, monthly, and quarterly coaching cadences for team training, manager 1:1s, and other developmental sessions.
- Develop a functional plan and work alongside sales and marketing leadership to inform our GTM strategy.
- Continuously identify, and execute upon, ways to improve the AE/SDR working relationship.
- Manage day-to-day performance of - and feedback to - all SDR team members, including the crafting and delivery of employee performance and growth reviews.
- Track sales team performance and effectiveness metrics, reporting data to leadership on a regular basis.
- Implement performance plans according to company procedure.
- Embody company culture and maintain high sales employee engagement.
- Meet predetermined revenue goals through the activities of direct reports.
- Ensure correct usage and identify improvements for Salesforce and other sales applications.
Ideally, you’ll bring:
- 3+ years of management experience and prior Sales Development experience - required*
- 1+ years in an Account Executive role; within SaaS and marketing
- A data-driven approach, already accustomed to making decisions and crafting strategies based upon numbers
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- A hardworking, persistent, and dependable work ethic
- A bachelor’s degree; business, economics, or marketing major preferred
- Must have a valid U.S. work authorization to apply
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive salary and uncapped commission plan
- Comprehensive healthcare: medical, dental, life, and vision
- 401K matching
- Generous PTO and summer flex days
- Commuter benefits
- Stocked kitchen of snacks and beverages
- Company outings and happy hours
- Individualized rewards and recognition
- Wellness and philanthropic programming and events
- Working with game-changing technology and the most progressive brands in eCommerce
Yotpo’s employee-centric culture has earned us coveted spots on the Crain’s New York Business Best Places to Work and BuiltInNYC’s Best Places to Work lists. Directly inspired by employee feedback, Yotpo programming includes diversity & inclusion efforts, a mentorship program, and affinity groups like Yotpo Cares and Women at Work. You’ll be working alongside awesome people where your voice is heard and your perspective encouraged.
Yotpo champions diversity - we welcome and employ people regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.