Senior Account Executive, Advertising at Stack Overflow
Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. More than 60 million professional and aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, and find job opportunities. We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, and enable the world's developers. The products and services are focused on technical recruiting, developer marketing, and enterprise knowledge sharing.
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Account Executive to join our Advertising team. Reporting to our Director of Ad Sales, ideally this role will reside in Australia in order to cover this market. As an integral member of the team, you’ll have a direct impact on the growth of Ad Revenue through the sale of ad inventory on our highest-trafficked sites; Stack Overflow, Super User, and Server Fault, as well as 21 other tech-related Q&A sites. You’ll also leverage current relationships as well as build future relationships with a broad range of tech clients.
What you’ll do:
- Respond to incoming leads and prospect for new business
- Research clients’ needs and build strong proposals
- Manage the full sales cycle including lead generation, cold calling, and managing relationships
- Work closely with the Advertising Operations team on account maintenance including campaign management, optimization, and customer service
- Develop lasting and profitable relationships with new and existing customers in order to maximize revenues for the company
What you should have:
- 5+ years of selling digital ad media to clients in the tech vertical market
- Rolodex of both agency and client-direct technology clients
- Friendly, ethical and honest
- Strong understanding of a consultative sales process with the ability to ask the right questions
- Understanding of the media sales landscape
- Media background preferred
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Work closely with and learn from the existing sales team
- Comfortable with all aspects of lead generation including cold-calling and relationship building
- Ability to research a clients’ needs and build strong proposals
- Account maintenance including campaign management, optimization, and customer service
- Self-sufficient, but not afraid to ask questions when necessary
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive base salary
- Unlimited sick days and a competitive PTO policy
- Flexible hours
- Parental leave
- Gym membership reimbursement
If you want to work remotely…. We’ll reimburse you up to $2,000 to set up a great home office.
We’re a remote-friendly team. Whether you work remotely or work out of our New York office (re-opening September 6, 2021, and won't require employees to return to the office for the rest of the year), you’ll be part of a remote work culture that emphasizes online communication (Slack, GitHub, Hangouts, Zoom, Stack Overflow for Teams).
Employment is conditioned upon successful completion of a background check and upon having the appropriate legal right to work.
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.