Our mission is to give renters everywhere greater financial freedom to plan and enjoy their lives.
Our first product eliminates cash security deposits and puts more money back in renters’ pockets. With over $45 billion tied up in security deposits for 110 million renters in the United States alone, it’s time for security deposits to officially become a thing of the past. Tying up money at one of life’s biggest and most expensive moments just isn’t fair.
So we threw out the antiquated “way of doing things” and built a technology-driven insurance product to help bring renting into the 21st century. With Rhino, millions of renters across the country now have the opportunity to save with our award-winning deposit insurance. We’ve already saved hundreds of millions of dollars for renters and are trusted in over 1 million homes nationwide, and most importantly, we’re just getting started...
As a Strategic Partnerships Lead at Rhino, you’ll pursue key strategic partnerships across real estate, proptech, insurance, and fintech to contribute to Rhino’s rapid growth. This role reports to the VP of Strategic Initiatives.In this role you will:
- Conceptualize and own the business development strategy and operating plan for Rhino
- Drive execution for key strategic partnerships at Rhino, tying these partnerships to company-wide goals
- Develop target lists, refine pitches, create and maintain outreach cadences, and manage deal pipelines
- Lead engagement and build relationships with external stakeholders at various levels of target partner organizations
- Collaborate cross-functionally with members of the Marketing, Revenue, Product, and Legal teams to successfully structure and sign partnership agreements
- Own partner management, working with Marketing, Revenue, Operations, Product, and Engineering to build technology and processes to support new strategic partnerships
- 5+ years experience in business development with a focus on strategic partnerships
- High-growth start-up experience
- A proven track record of successful partner management
- Industry experience in real estate and proptech; insurtech a plus
- Exceptional relationship-building skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and an ability to concisely keep multiple cross-functional stakeholders informed of relevant work tracks
- Initiative and ownership - self-starter capable of driving projects independently and with urgency
- Comfort with ambiguity, new situations, and fast-paced, high-change environments
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Unlimited PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in Rhino’s success
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Remote Work Program to allow for flexibility between home and the office
- Generous Parental Leave to create a family-friendly culture
- Wellness Perks (Gym, Classpass, & Citibike Memberships)
- Commuter Benefits through a Flexible Spending Account
- Fintech Equality Coalition Founding member
Rhino is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees, and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rhino are without regard to race, color, age, religion or belief, sexual orientation, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rhino has a zero-tolerance policy against discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This includes recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.